Hey just wondering if anyone has experience with getting phones through Best buy, im looking at purchasing my storm (finally) through them since I was a good boy and got 600.00 in Best buy gift cards and I called and they told me right now can get phone for 550.00 but anyone have any prob with sending phone back Ill prob get the Best buy 2 year ext program and when I called Verizon they wernt clear on how the insurance works through them I know BB is a auth dealer but I should be able to get ins on my phone from Verizon also correct??? Thanks in advance
    12-23-08 10:30 AM
    bought my phone through best buy and they offered me the option to purchase either their own best buy insurance plan or verizon's. Keep in mind that best buy's insurance plan is double the price with slightly better features, not worth it if you ask me.
    Otherwise, everything went well except that best buy doesn't have the ability to transfer contacts from your old device to your Storm. You will have to go to an actual Verizon store to do that.
    12-23-08 10:34 AM
    Both Best Buy stores I went to had a machine that transferred all data including pictures, contacts,videos and sounds.
    12-23-08 10:36 AM
    Yes, Best Buy offers their own "Geek Squad" Insurance, or you can go for the traditional VZW Insurance.

VZW's insurance is cheaper, but Best Buys Insurance is better.

Its like $5-$6 vs $9-$10
    12-23-08 11:16 AM
    I guess it depends on your area and how nice the people are at your local Best Buy. When I went to purchase my Bold at my local BB I was surprised the phone sales guy there was pretty damn nice. We compared the Bold to some of the other phones he had on display and to his personal E71 and he gave me an honest opinion about it all from his perspective.
    12-23-08 11:24 AM
    verizon insurance plan is $5 a month and it covers a lot almost everything but if you have to use it you have to pay a $50 co pay and you get sent a new or refurb phone I would go with the verizon insurance plan trust me lol good luck on your storm man
    12-23-08 11:28 AM
    I got my last phone at bestbuy. The Verizon store could not touch the price. When the phone stopped working, I took it to the verison store down the road and they replaced it with no question. If they have it, then get it. Good Luck.
    12-23-08 11:53 AM
    I bought my phone at best buy. The screen become lousy at the bottom so I called VZW tech support. They are over nighting me a new phone. Thats what I call seemless.
    12-23-08 12:11 PM
    Hey just wondering if anyone has experience with getting phones through Best buy, im looking at purchasing my storm (finally) through them since I was a good boy and got 600.00 in Best buy gift cards and I called and they told me right now can get phone for 550.00 but anyone have any prob with sending phone back Ill prob get the Best buy 2 year ext program and when I called Verizon they wernt clear on how the insurance works through them I know BB is a auth dealer but I should be able to get ins on my phone from Verizon also correct??? Thanks in advance
    I bought my original at BB and had to exchange it due to a faulty screen, I walked in the store and walked out with a new one in 20 minutes. Also you can ask them to match VZW retail price and get it for $499.00 that is what I did.
    12-23-08 12:50 PM
    Best buy will match all of vow's prices. Including new every two and the VIP program

But if you bought the phone at best buy I wouldn't have called Verizon for a replacement like you did. You have 30 days to get a replacement in store and they take everything back from you and give you a new storm sealed in box. I've done this 3 times so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 01:10 PM
    Best buy will match all of vow's prices. Including new every two and the VIP program

But if you bought the phone at best buy I wouldn't have called Verizon for a replacement like you did. You have 30 days to get a replacement in store and they take everything back from you and give you a new storm sealed in box. I've done this 3 times so far.

Yeah, I didnt do that becuase I wanted to see if I could get the second build sequence. Best buy had had thiers for a week.
    12-23-08 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the replies, yea ill see if I can get the price match for the 499.00 per I know the retailers are hurting for business. I know when I got the 2 yr ext warranty on my xbox it was if anything happened they would replace so im assuming its the same all around on electronics. I guess ill be going their today and ordering it then. Thanks again guys
    12-23-08 01:38 PM
    Bb's doesn't cover loss or stolen products but they dot have a copy.

12-23-08 01:48 PM
    Best Buy might not be able to get you the best deal on your phone if you are a a returning Vzw customer. They don't have all the information in their systems that the reps at Vzw had.

Case in point, Best Buy told me the lowest price I could get on the Storm was $300, so I called Verizon and they sold it to me for $150.
    12-23-08 01:51 PM
    i bought mine from best buy, put on their insurance for $10/mo but realized the verizon one was cheaper and also covered lost and stolen, which is really nice. even though there is a $50 deductible, it is still cheaper if you don't use it more than once, and the same price over two years if you use it twice. also, verizon's $6 extends the warrantee for a second year, so if the phone malfunctions they will still replace it for free

as for replacement, called verizon and they are sending me a new one!
    12-23-08 02:21 PM
    I had no issues whatsoever with buying mine at BB. The experience was a pleasure.

12-23-08 02:48 PM
    On the Best Buy warranty, if you need your phone replaced, they hand you one from behind the counter. they dont send you to insuron for a refurb.
    12-23-08 03:03 PM
    On the Best Buy warranty, if you need your phone replaced, they hand you one from behind the counter. they dont send you to insuron for a refurb.
    Bb told me I had to be put on a list and wait for a replacement

12-24-08 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD