Boy Genius just posted Best Buy Mobile is showing Storm on Nov 16
    October / November Best Buy Mobile release schedule shows Storm, Bold, Pearl Flip and more : Boy Genius Report

"When our ninjas dig, they dig deeeeep. One of our anonymous sleuths managed to uncover a relatively old slide from a Best Buy Mobile PowerPoint draft deck outlining a release schedule with quite a few gems on it. We�ve got all the top carriers covered here to some extent, so let�s have a look:

Coming October 26th:

• Sprint - Samsung M540 �Rant�, available in black, purple and red
    • Sprint - HTC Touch Pro
    • Verizon - Blitz
    • AT&T - BlackBerry Bold 9000 (date obscured on image)
    • T-Mobile - BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220

Coming November 16th:

• Verizon - BlackBerry Storm

Barring any major changes (or delays, as we�ll likely see at least with the Bold), Best Buy Mobile has quite a line up coming later this month."
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 10-06-08 at 07:09 PM.
    10-06-08 07:06 PM
    I as well as others have notice the BB flyer has a Storm and if you look close at it, BGR Logo is showing....FAKE!!!!!!
    10-06-08 07:20 PM
    I as well as others have notice the BB flyer has a Storm and if you look close at it, BGR Logo is showing....FAKE!!!!!!

What are you talking about? It was found by BGR like the OP said.
    10-06-08 07:22 PM
    Look At The Storm Picture.

Why would the BB Flyer have a storm picture with BGR on it.

PS. I am not talking about the LARGE BGR logo in lower left hand corner, just the STORM PIC.
    Last edited by goblue; 10-06-08 at 07:25 PM.
    10-06-08 07:23 PM
    Look At The Storm Picture.
    Was waiting to see if anyone else noticed that.
    10-06-08 07:24 PM
    I've been watching Boy Genius website to see what he has to say about it. The whole flier is obviously a hoax.
    10-06-08 07:27 PM
    Yeah, I noticed they used the BGR mockup storm vs. a real storm. Seems weird for a company to do that.. Would love to see the full powerpoint.
    10-06-08 07:47 PM
    In all fairness, it says it's a old doc. If so, that would be the only pic available at that time. But I'm not saying it's "for relaz"(LMFAO) either....
    10-06-08 07:51 PM
    In all fairness, it says it's a old doc. If so, that would be the only pic available at that time. But I'm not saying it's "for relaz"(LMFAO) either....
    Even so...I feel Best Buy would be more professional than to use a fan-made picture of a phone.... I mean, that's not even the Storm... it's just what people thought the Storm might look like...

I call Shenanigans!
    10-06-08 07:58 PM
    And why would the bold be covering the date...wouldn't that be the point of the flyer...so they know the dates.

FAKE!!!
    10-07-08 07:54 AM
    Could BG have put that small logo over the phone so people could not screen capture the image of just the phone and not give credit to him?
    10-07-08 07:59 AM
    Could BG have put that small logo over the phone so people could not screen capture the image of just the phone and not give credit to him?
    Even if they did...look closely at that phone, and then look at another (real) picture of the Storm. The one on that flyer has the Verizon logo above the keys. The real one has the logo on the back of the phone. And those keys are not actual buttons, but look to be touch buttons. That is not what the phone looks like

Image on the flyer (with logo..haha) :

Obviously not the right phone.
    10-07-08 10:31 AM
    All that that "rendering" is, was an interpretation by a "regular joe" as noted earlier. They took an Iphone and morphed it. That's all it is.
    10-07-08 10:35 AM
    Photoshopped?
    10-07-08 10:52 AM
    All that that "rendering" is, was an interpretation by a "regular joe" as noted earlier. They took an Iphone and morphed it. That's all it is.

noooo, they took a BOLD and turned it into the 'storm' .. look at the bold next to it... see how it's the same?
    10-07-08 03:27 PM
    noooo, they took a BOLD and turned it into the 'storm' .. look at the bold next to it... see how it's the same?

Ahhhhhh. My bad....
    10-07-08 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD