Will Best Buy be getting the Storm on the same release date of the 21st? I want to be able to go and pick it up the same day since it's pre-ordered.
    11-13-08 02:24 AM
    I'd say that if it's not on the 21st it's no later than the 23rd....most likely the 21st though.
    11-13-08 02:25 AM
    I hope so, If not Ill just buy it elsewhere and get my $50 back.
    11-13-08 02:58 AM
    I work at besy buy, but have been on vacation. Ill try to find out guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 03:42 AM
    somebody please do because i was called yesterday and told the 23rd
    11-13-08 05:18 AM
    welp i just called and tried to let them know verizon is getting the phones for sale on the 21st but they said they wont sell them until the 23rd anyway. kind of makes me think they are trying to use this as a sunday sales driver which sucks
    11-13-08 09:23 AM
    I hope that you can unlock the storm and use it on t mobile
    11-13-08 09:36 AM
    I spent 30 minutes in Best Buy yesterday pre-ordering Storms. And the girl working the mobile counter swore up and down to me that they were getting the phones in on the 16th. I said so if I come in on the 16th I'll get my phone?? She told me yes...if this is true or not I won't be able to tell you but you best believe I will be in there on Sunday either being a happy tiff or a very mean tiff!

why must they do this to me? i just want my storm!!
    11-13-08 10:00 AM
    Well they need to call us and make us an appointment with the price info right? You think the $50 will be instant instead of mail in now?
    11-13-08 10:06 AM
    I spent 30 minutes in Best Buy yesterday pre-ordering Storms. And the girl working the mobile counter swore up and down to me that they were getting the phones in on the 16th. I said so if I come in on the 16th I'll get my phone?? She told me yes...if this is true or not I won't be able to tell you but you best believe I will be in there on Sunday either being a happy tiff or a very mean tiff!

yeah me too, took my 50 and now the people i speak to are about as useful as a keyboard with no spacebar. they will have there phones by friday since they dont get deliveries on saturday or sunday but they wont give it until sunday for some reason. again im hoping im wrong and they call later and say they were given a new date otherwise ill be bitter for two days
    11-13-08 10:06 AM
    just being on the phone to vodafone, official re-lease date is now the 17th in uk

11-13-08 10:08 AM
    are you sure it will work on tmobile?
    11-13-08 10:34 AM
    Just got an email from Verizon--21st is the date! I'm gonna call Best Buy now and see what they tell me. I highly doubt they will sell the Storm's before Verizon does...
    11-13-08 10:39 AM
    welp i just called and tried to let them know verizon is getting the phones for sale on the 21st but they said they wont sell them until the 23rd anyway. kind of makes me think they are trying to use this as a sunday sales driver which sucks
    I'd say VZW corp stores, online and telesales would have first dibbs on day 1. That's more they make and less they have to compensate dealers. Think how many will be sold on day 1 as opposed to day 2. Best Buy knew this thus requiring a $50 deposit to lock you in....you've been had!!

Get your Fitty back and call your local VZW store and get on the list. My local store is ordering enough to cover the peeps on the list...with a few extras I'm sure.
    11-13-08 10:39 AM
    I'm going to switch to Verizon once I get the storm...
    11-13-08 10:40 AM
    I pre-ordered my Storm at Best Buy the frist possible day and they put the 16th on my sheet that I have a copy of, with the disclaimer to call first before I show up. So, I called this morning to see if I needed to change my date to the 21st since the release date was confirmed. I don't even think the guy new this info yet (kinda tragic really). Anyway, he said that they have the pre-orders lined up in order of receipt and they will call with the date/time to come in. You have 48 hours to pick it up or they will release it to the next available pre-order, assuming they don't have enough to cover the initial sales. Hopefully they will.
    11-13-08 10:41 AM
    I'm going to switch to Verizon once I get the storm...
    Welcome to the Best Network on Earth!!
    11-13-08 10:42 AM

Mine in Lancaster, Ohio told me the exact same thing. I have asked them to call me back today with confirmation. I hate being a doubter but it does not smell right to me.

Well they need to call us and make us an appointment with the price info right? You think the $50 will be instant instead of mail in now?
    I was also told no mail-in rebates through Best Buy, they are all instant rebates. That is pretty attractive.

I also saw another post that there might be some sort of bundling with the phones. When I get confirmation I will post!
    11-13-08 10:42 AM
    My boyfriend just called Best Buy and they said they will have them on the 16th and they are going to have them before any other store.

Is there anyone on here that works at Verizon/Best Buy/anywhere that can confirm this?
    11-13-08 10:43 AM
    i thought maybe there was hope that t mobile supported the storm already.
    11-13-08 10:45 AM
    I do not think Verizon makes a ton of money off of the actual phones. They want the 24-months of continuous service and the upgrades to data plans! What does everyone think about that? I would think that Verizon would let all stores begin selling them on at least the 21st!
    11-13-08 10:46 AM
    You think Verizon knew Circuit City was going to sink like the Titanic and didn't offer them the ability to Pre-Order these since they sell Verizon Wireless exclusively???? What a benefit that would have been to them......

Oh well, I get the Storm and Reward Zone points to boot!!!! Plus if they give the instant rebate....even sweeter.
    11-13-08 10:47 AM
    im getting my tomorrow!!!!! delivered to my house...on vodaphone in uk

11-13-08 10:49 AM
    im getting my tomorrow!!!!! delivered to my house...on vodaphone in uk

**** off!!! J/K
    11-13-08 10:51 AM
    is it true the storm has no wifi??
    that makes no sense, one of the things i like about my curve is that if i am in my house and my signal is low like always my wifi kicks in and i still have phone service and fast phone web browsing, Man that sucks.
    Last edited by dftx08; 11-13-08 at 10:55 AM.
    11-13-08 10:53 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD