I have both the iphone and the Storm. The only thing I like better on the iPhone is the browser. What is the best browser setting for the Storm? The default Blackberry setting make web site look cheap. Can anyone tell me which setting makes it look the best?
    07-06-09 10:53 AM
    i have mine set to:

Suport Javascript -

Allow JavaScript popups
    Terminate slow running scripts -
    Show images -
    Use background images -
    Support embedded media -
    Browser identification: BlackBerry
    Start Page: Start page
    Default Search Provider: Google

Default Browser: Internet Browser
    Default Font Family: BBAlpha Sans
    Default Font Size: 8
    Min Font Size: 6
    Min Font Style: Plain
    Default View: Page
    Image Quality: Medium
    Repeat Animations: 100 Times
    Prompt: Closing Browser on escape and closing modified pages
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 07-06-09 at 11:08 AM.
    07-06-09 11:05 AM
    Which setting give it that closest look to a computer? A true browser
    07-06-09 11:10 AM
    I don't think the Storm is full HTML like an iPhone so it won't look exactly the same as a "normal" website. You can either configure your browser not to identify you as a mobile device and it will load the full page (which will take longer). Or, most websites will have an icon or link to the full site where you can view the site as if you'd see it on a regular computer screen.
    07-06-09 11:28 AM
    yeah i tried that identify as internet explorer and loads SO SLOW!!!! Thanks for all the help
    07-06-09 11:42 AM
    @DriftDevil: how'd u get check marks & isn't support instead of prompt 2 enable javascript laggy/slow?
    07-06-09 12:35 PM
    @DriftDevil: how'd u get check marks & isn't support instead of prompt 2 enable javascript laggy/slow?
    @bold:

@checkmarks: image (small) googled checkmarks lol
    07-06-09 12:38 PM
    Yo what's up with the twitter tags all of a sudden
    07-06-09 12:49 PM
    Back @ u Drift w/...u listed ur setting as support javascript. i use prompt 2 enable b/c otherwise so slow!
    07-06-09 12:52 PM
    Get Opera Mini. It's the fastest browser by far, and you can view full web pages in their native form at lightning fast speed.
    It downloads the content on Opera's servers, compresses it, and then sends it to your device. So your phone doesn't have to do all the work!

I just got it, and it's awesome. Certain limitations, but overall a great browser and caused me to fall in love with my Storm again.
    07-06-09 12:52 PM
    Do i download Opera from my phone or on da Computer?
    07-06-09 12:54 PM
    Do i download Opera from my phone or on da Computer?
    You can download it direct OTA from your phone's browser:

operamini.com
    07-06-09 01:03 PM
    You can download it direct OTA from your phone's browser:

operamini.com
    or go to http://mini.opera.com from ur browser
    07-06-09 01:16 PM
    Will Opera ever make a version for the Storm, or is that too specific for them?
    07-06-09 01:21 PM
    Opera is def the fastest, but I find it doesn't quite load images ala a PC browser.

For best true HTML rendering, I use Bolt (boltbrowser.com). It's a bit slower than Opera, but still faster than BB browser, and it looks outstanding. The UI is a bit of a challenge to adopt - not Storm friendly at all - but the results are what count. It even allows playing YouTube vids embedded in pages, etc. Best part is it's FREE!
    07-06-09 05:56 PM
    I have both the iphone and the Storm. The only thing I like better on the iPhone is the browser. What is the best browser setting for the Storm? The default Blackberry setting make web site look cheap. Can anyone tell me which setting makes it look the best?
    Download opera mini man. Lightning fast. I don't use the default browser unless forced to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 07:02 PM
    I will first admit I cant stand my Storm or RIM after they put this thing out with all the problems and left us without wifi. I knew about the wifi and deal with it but all in all I had to stick with Verizon and took a chance. My contract is almost up and I cant wait, but for the next few months I am proud to say after downloading opera mini, surfing the web on my Storm is way better. There is about a 15 to 20 minute learning curve (at least for me) and WOW what a difference. Why cant RIM get anything right with this Storm? Who works at this place anyways? a bunch of kids!!! If you have a Storm and want a better web experience get the opera mini, it makes the storm tolerable.
    07-07-09 03:58 PM
    Makes the storm more than tolerable. My laptop collects dust now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD