I was looking for backup application for my storm and I was just wondering what what everyone uses and prefers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 07:21 AM
    I use the Desktop Manager (DM). Does everything I need it to do. I've never used it but you can back up your apps with BBSAK (BB Swiss Army Knife) as well.
    11-09-09 07:25 AM
    Your only real choice for a true back up is the DM. Nothing else will give you a backup of everything on your phone. DM will back up all data and settings. It won't back up your apps though. There is a way to do it by going through the device switching part of DM. It should be easy to find the instructions on here but basically you go halfway through the to process of switching devices and then find the folder with your PIN number on your computer and copy that to some place safe.

Outlook will provide a good backup/sync of contacts, notes, calendar, and tasks.

Bestbuy has a new service called mIQ which will sync all contacts, messages, media, calendar, phone log, etc. Its almost an instant sync to their website. http://my.miqlive.com/

Google also has their sync app. This will sync contacts and calendar if you want, either or or both.
    11-09-09 07:33 AM
    I used Skydeck and when mIq from best buy came out i switched over and would recommend mIq to anyone.. miqlive.com

Skydeck is good for contact back up but i had problems with my text messages uploading. I never had a problem with mIq

Edit:

mIQ will sync all contacts, messages, media, calendar, phone log
    Last edited by dustinh; 11-09-09 at 08:00 AM.
    11-09-09 07:56 AM
    Bbsak very easy straight forward

11-09-09 10:03 AM
    When I did my update I backed up my contacts and third party apps through DM. Usually after I would upgrade to any new OS I would have to download my third party apps back in. Am I the only one who got lucky when I did the upgrade to 5.0 everything including most of my pins except for bb alerts came in and everything was ready to use. All my contacts came back and all third party apps. I was so thrilled.
    11-13-09 11:50 AM
    You can also check out our new Blackberry app, Aurkon. It provides free, automatic, and wireless backup for everything on your Blackberry. Just install it and never worry about losing your info or manually backing up again!

It's on the Blackberry App World here:
    BlackBerry App World - Aurkon- Automatic Backup

And Crackberry:
    Aurkon: Automatic Backup - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Last edited by applico; 11-21-09 at 03:20 PM.
    11-21-09 03:17 PM
    When I did my update I backed up my contacts and third party apps through DM. Usually after I would upgrade to any new OS I would have to download my third party apps back in. Am I the only one who got lucky when I did the upgrade to 5.0 everything including most of my pins except for bb alerts came in and everything was ready to use. All my contacts came back and all third party apps. I was so thrilled.
    no.. i did the same upgraded too new os and all my apps were there and worked fine.
    Last edited by traindrvr63; 11-21-09 at 03:30 PM. Reason: guess i can't spell
    11-21-09 03:30 PM
    I just use DM.
    11-21-09 06:55 PM
    Does Aurkon backup settings as well as data, or data only?

02-26-10 04:35 PM
    Desktop Manager has never failed me. i see you're a Verizon customer. Verizon Backup Assistant is coming out March 9th for BlackBerry owners.
    02-26-10 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD