Hi,
    I've recently installed BES on a SBS 2003 box. All appeared ok and I added a user. However my storm wouldn't activate nor could I receive mail(Vodafone UK) until I was connected to the work network via usb to my laptop. The laptop also had to be connected via a vpn connection.

When I tried to activate the phone without being connected it was contacting the server as the last contact time changed and I was getting the data email from RIM. However it wouldn't activate until I connected to the network.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I guessing that it's a configuration issue. Is it the phone or BES? Is it a port/firewall issue? If so what ports do I need open? I've currently opened 3101 and 389. The first from a previous attempt a couple of months ago ( I can't remember why!!) and the second as I was playing around with the web manager.

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers
    Graeme
    08-13-09 05:14 AM
    BTW it says 'IT Policy Status - Error'
    08-13-09 07:56 AM
    I honestly have no idea.

Although this is the correct form for your device, you also might wanna check to the BES Administrator sub forum as well which is also on this site. I believe they would have a better idea about BES administration than most people here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/
    08-13-09 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD