I am a fairly new BB user coming from a Samsung I-760 Win 6.1 unit and I could not be happier about it. I have used a 8330 for a few months and now, about 3 to 4 weeks, a Storm. What I am missing is the point of why so many people are dying about this new Tour model to ditch the Storm. Granted the Storm is not perfect, name a PDA that is, but to me to go from the Storm to the Tour is a major step back especially for those that had a Curve 8330. Yes, the Tour has more app memory than the Curve but the screen size is not that much bigger and no wifi and I don't think it is breaking any new ground. I could run everything I wanted on the Curve and more. It was and is a very solid unit and only reason I went to the Storm is because of the bigger screen.
    What is so special about the Tour that would make you ditch the Storm since the latest leaks work great?
    05-22-09 11:00 AM
    Some people just want a physical keyboard. I want the bigger screen, I'm waiting for the release of the second Storm incarnation. Others just have the disease of "Wanting the next new BB to release".
    05-22-09 11:02 AM
    Some people just want a physical keyboard. I want the bigger screen, I'm waiting for the release of the second Storm incarnation. Others just have the disease of "Wanting the next new BB to release".
    Expensive disease....lol
    05-22-09 11:51 AM
    Are you really gonna get the Storm 2, Civic? I just can't see the OS being leaps and bounds better than what we have now...or the typing.
    05-22-09 11:53 AM
    ... I want.... Both?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 11:53 AM
    Most people I think will get the Tour for the it's full QWERTY keyboard.
    A lot people got excited with the Storm because they were waiting for a CDMA BB.

For a quite a while the Curve, Pearl and Worldphone (88??) was the main CDMA models that RIM was pushing .
    05-22-09 12:15 PM
    Frankly, I like the Storm. I don't really have any more problem typing on it than I do a full keyboard model (like the curve), since fat fingers seem to be an issue with anything I use. The larger screen is great though. Some better OS support from Verizon would be nice, however.

Oh, and WiFi and a slingbox player.
    05-22-09 12:19 PM
    Are you really gonna get the Storm 2, Civic? I just can't see the OS being leaps and bounds better than what we have now...or the typing.
    I'm not buying it for the OS. If the build quality is better then the one I have now and the features are better and I view it as a sufficient upgrade, I will buy it. I can't go to the Tour because the screen real estate is lacking. I'm sorry, but I don't need a physical keyboard to type. I use Portrait QWERTY almost exclusively and type fairly quick on it. Certainly about as quick as I was on the other BBs I've had. There's just more capabilities I have with a bigger screen and I need those possible capabilities.
    05-22-09 05:04 PM
    Unless that sucker comes with a touch screen AND a trackball, ill stick with my storm.

05-22-09 05:57 PM
    I got to say that I would get the Storm 2 if it has wifi. I do business where it is hard to get out with 3G but have wifi available. Alo in my office and home I got wifi and while I can use the laptop, it would be nice to just reply and get it out quick. But I can not see paying for the Tour. I am running .148 right now on my Storm and I am liking it. Thinking about doing the Lyricidal hybrid.
    05-22-09 07:53 PM
    Unless that sucker comes with a touch screen AND a trackball, ill stick with my storm.

That's what I was hoping for before we saw the pictures. The idea of touch screen and the trackball sounds good.

05-22-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD