Ok me again...... I've tries everything I can pissibly think of!
    The Storm I have used to be locked to Telus.... got it unlocked and the IT Policy removed.

I can make calls from my Storm and receive calls.... but there is this one thing that really buggs me.... When I want to make a call, I press the Phone Button..... then it shows me a number above the dial pad and call log symbol which is not my phone number...

How do I change it into my actual number? Not that it is a big deal... but.... oh well....

The manual says I am suppose to "click" on that phonenumber in order to change it, but it won't let me~

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance... i know you Pro's can help me!

Biz
    09-21-09 12:25 PM
    Ok... I'm going to give a warning with this: I have never played with the CDMA screen, and I don't know if this is the 'proper' way to do this or if this will have any negative consequences.

In the phone app, dial ##000000 and press send. The first line, and only the first line, you should be able to change to the proper number.

I cannot stress enough my warning, though. Anyone with more experience here, please chime in.
    09-21-09 12:42 PM
    I know how you do it with Verizon, and I dont know if there is a difference between the two carriers so this MAY NOT work,

Attempt to dial ##000000 and see if that brings up a menu. If it does it should have the phone number there to edit. Dont touch any of the other settings as this may brick your phone.

Again this may not work on your carrier, if it doesnt, then maybe soemone will know your carriers commands

Hope this helps!
    09-21-09 12:43 PM
    I know how you do it with Verizon, and I dont know if there is a difference between the two carriers so this MAY NOT work,

Attempt to dial ##000000 and see if that brings up a menu. If it does it should have the phone number there to edit. Dont touch any of the other settings as this may brick your phone.

Again this may not work on your carrier, if it doesnt, then maybe soemone will know your carriers commands

Hope this helps!
    This is the correct solution, and it is universal between all Blackberry's. The carrier has nearly nothing to do with the way our berry's act (besides push content and call quality)
    09-21-09 12:55 PM
    That is good to know.

I was reading the procedure in another thread before I posted this as I was unsure at first. That thread stated that the command is under control of the carrier and could vary. I know it works on Verizon because I tried it on my device, but have no ability to try it on any other carriers so figured I would throw in the disclaimer!

This is the correct solution, and it is universal between all Blackberry's. The carrier has nearly nothing to do with the way our berry's act (besides push content and call quality)
    09-21-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD