What does Beside Mode do?

I've tried it and don't notice anything different.
    05-04-09 01:16 PM
    Bedside mode disables the LED and the wireless signal.
    05-04-09 01:18 PM
    Is it supposed to stop the data too? I still get emails all night. Nobody really calls me in the middle of the night so, can't say for sure about that one.
    05-04-09 01:21 PM
    There's 3 different options when using bedside mode; you can disable the radio so you don't get any calls, messages, etc. , dim backlight and disable led. What I usually do is dim the backlight and disable the led and set my ringer to vibrate or silent because I use my Storm as an alarm clock...
    Last edited by flowers74; 05-04-09 at 01:30 PM.
    05-04-09 01:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure it disables the radio. I would say its similar to "airplane mode" on other phones.
    05-04-09 01:25 PM
    There's 3 different options when using bedside mode; you can disable the radio so you don't get any calls, messages, etc. , dim backlight and disable led. What I usually do is dim the backlight and disable the led and set my ringer to vibrate or silent because I use my phone as an alarm clock...
    That's how I have mine setup.
    05-04-09 01:26 PM
    Is it supposed to stop the data too? I still get emails all night. Nobody really calls me in the middle of the night so, can't say for sure about that one.
    I don't use it. Instead, I set my phone to phone calls only. That way no email or text alerts, but if someone has an emergency, they'll call. In other words, it's never an emergency, so I never get bothered.
    05-04-09 01:26 PM
    There's 3 different options when using bedside mode; you can disable the radio so you don't get any calls, messages, etc. , dim backlight and disable led. What I usually do is dim the backlight and disable the led and set my ringer to vibrate or silent because I use my phone as an alarm clock...
    Thanks! I didn't even realize there were options for it
    05-04-09 01:27 PM
    Bedside mode disables the LED and the wireless signal.

WTF are you talking about ? It so does not disable the radio...

All Bedside mode does is, Disables the LED and dims the clock and keeps the screen on while in the cradle
    05-04-09 01:39 PM
    If you go under your options while the clock is up, you can set it to disable the radio too.
    05-04-09 01:40 PM
    There's 3 different options when using bedside mode; you can disable the radio so you don't get any calls, messages, etc. , dim backlight and disable led. What I usually do is dim the backlight and disable the led and set my ringer to vibrate or silent because I use my Storm as an alarm clock...
    Does that mean that with the radio off, your alarm clock won't work?
    05-04-09 01:41 PM

All Bedside mode does is, Disables the LED and dims the clock and keeps the screen on while in the cradle
    It disables the radio if you set it to disable the radio in the Bedside Mode options

QED
    Does that mean that with the radio off, your alarm clock won't work?
    The alarm clock will still work.

Yes, it can.
    05-04-09 01:42 PM
    It disables the radio if you set it to disable the radio in the Bedside Mode options

QED
    Ok well not the "default" setting it does NOT disable the radio...

I use bedside mode @ home and @ the firehouse for my alarm clock...
    I go to bed, I put the alerts to phone calls only and then enter bedside mode and put it in the cradle....

I get phone calls no problem. And txt's come in but don't notify me at all in any way shape or form...
    05-04-09 01:42 PM
    Yes, it can.
    CAN yes, DEFAULT no...

HE said, bedside disables radio...
    NO IT DOES NOT...
    it CAN.

Get it str8
    05-04-09 01:43 PM
    CAN yes, DEFAULT no...

NO IT DOES NOT...
    it CAN.

Get it str8

It can, therefore in some instances, it does. Hence, it does.

Why is this still being discussed?
    05-04-09 01:46 PM
    Great use of caps lock and txt slang. You showed me.

Your logic doesn't make any sense.
    05-04-09 01:47 PM

Can and does is two different things....

The first reply that said it put it in bedside mode lead the OP to believe it would shut off the radio, and that it was not a option at all...

Should have said it's even a option to turn off the radio.
    05-04-09 01:54 PM
    Great use of caps lock and txt slang. You showed me.

Your logic doesn't make any sense.
    Read it slower, you'll figure it out...
    05-04-09 01:55 PM
    CAN yes, DEFAULT no...

NO IT DOES NOT...
    it CAN.

Get it str8
    I was wondering how you were going to cover yourself after that post.

Let it go, we all make mistakes, its obvious you jumped the gun without first looking further. There is no shame in being human.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 01:55 PM
    I was wondering how you were going to cover yourself after that post.

Let it go, we all make mistakes, its obvious you jumped the gun without first looking further. There is no shame in being human.

It's ok princess....
    God thinks your special too...

I made no mistake. It's a option, and not even a default option...
    05-04-09 01:58 PM
    Can and does is two different things....

The first reply that said it put it in bedside mode lead the OP to believe it would shut off the radio, and that it was not a option at all...

Should have said it's even a option to turn off the radio.
    Yes, I didn't specify that it was an option or that it was disabled by default so thanks for correcting me.

Read it slower, you'll figure it out...
    Its much easier to understand your posts when you post in an intelligent manner.

In my defense, may I present Exhibit A:

05-04-09 02:00 PM
    Aside from the bickering thanks for the info, my wife has been complaining about emails i get at night while my phone is in bedside mode for my alarm. now atleast i know how to turn that off and i got a lesson in semantics as well
    05-06-09 08:04 AM
    I wish instead of the option to turn off the radio they gave us the option of the ringer profile it should change to. I.E. In my case that would be phone calls only. If you wanted the equivalent of radios off then you could select All alerts off or say Active Profile if you're someone that needs every email. It would just mean one less thing to do.

05-25-09 03:31 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD