Ok, So after 2 days of use... I have now had 2 storms. First one wouldn't Charge. This second one is being really picky about things. Both my wife and I have the same phone, bought them both at the same time. Why are both phones so completely different out of the box!?!?!

Google Maps works flawlessly on my phone, on hers it only come up in portrait and the multitap keyboard wont go away, the app is squished to the top half of the screen and you can click on anything. Uninstall/Reinstall didn't help. Any Ideas?

I appologize mods as I am sure i have broken a forum rule with this post, but someone please help, can't find an answer anywhere for these 2 issues.

I am a software developer, i understand that bugs happen and they take time to fix, but this is getting a bit rediculous.

Thanks!
    10-30-09 09:17 AM
    I frogot to add, that I cannot send an email from my phone. I can type it and select the account to use to send it, but I cannot click the send button!! its there and I can push it, but it doesn't do anything.
    10-30-09 09:18 AM
    sounds like you need to turn off compatability mode on google maps.
    10-30-09 09:18 AM
    I would, but I can't get to a menu! lol. When i hit the BB buton I only get Exit or something else...can't remember what it is off the top of my head.
    10-30-09 09:20 AM
    I would, but I can't get to a menu! lol. When i hit the BB buton I only get Exit or something else...can't remember what it is off the top of my head.
    go to options>depending on what os system you have, find applications>highlight google maps>bb button>disable compatability mode.
    hope this helps.
    10-30-09 09:22 AM
    If you cant go to options>applications select google maps dont click it, press bb button and disable compatability mode than i would say you should consider a reinstall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 09:28 AM
    Ok so thanks for the advice on changing the compatability mode, that fixed the display issue...

However, her location says she is in Washington??? We live in Tennessee...lol Theres a couple thousand mile difference.

Also I have noticed that we occasionally get a message that says something about "You default services do not currently allow you to get map data" any one ever seen this??
    10-30-09 09:48 AM
    Did you turn the GPS Services to Location On?
    Have you clicked the little blue dot in the right bottom corner of Google Maps to update location?
    10-30-09 10:18 AM
    GPS is on with Location aiding enabled. Click the blue button to no avail. Still says Washington. It does change position on the washington map. Is there away to maybe clear a cache?

Anyone on the "Default services do not allow you to access map data" issue?

Thanks again for all the help, BB Users beat the crap out of Iphone users when it comes to problem solving.
    10-30-09 10:22 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull?

Register the host routing table.
    10-30-09 10:24 AM
    Did you turn the GPS Services to Location On?
    Have you clicked the little blue dot in the right bottom corner of Google Maps to update location?

to add to this... goto

options > advanced options > GPS

then under GPS Services make sure it says "Location On"
    10-30-09 10:24 AM
    to add to this... goto

options > advanced options > GPS

then under GPS Services make sure it says "Location On"
    Location is on.

Yeah Battery pull still didnt fix it. I think I may wipe the device and start over.
    10-30-09 10:28 AM
    Did you register the host routing table yet?
    10-30-09 10:31 AM
    Did you register the host routing table yet?
    Several times over the past 2 days. The first day I had to do it 3 or 4 times before it would actually register. Its kind of odd going into Google Maps Lattitude and seeing my wife accross the country

Blackberry Maps has the same issue BTW, i know it will be asked after i mention the issue. Its like its getting bad info from the Towers/birds.
    10-30-09 10:35 AM
    Several times over the past 2 days. The first day I had to do it 3 or 4 times before it would actually register. Its kind of odd going into Google Maps Lattitude and seeing my wife accross the country

Blackberry Maps has the same issue BTW, i know it will be asked after i mention the issue. Its like its getting bad info from the Towers/birds.

Maybe she is

How bout a *22899 to update her PRL and roaming cap.?
    10-30-09 10:39 AM
    Finally some peace and quite around the house! God help who ever she is with!
    10-30-09 10:41 AM
    Have you tried to toggle between Gps on and 911 and location aiding en/dis?
    10-30-09 10:41 AM
    What about the email Issue I have the same problem
    10-30-09 10:52 AM
    What about the email Issue I have the same problem
    I think i figured this one out...kind of forgot about having the issue till i just went to send an email.

After you type the email address make sure your press enter. It should give you another place for TO:

the try to send it.
    10-30-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD