Is there a way to play the music on my storm media card without syncing it to my pc? I don�t want to keep the songs on my storm in sync with the songs on my pc. Shouldn�t this be fairly simple?

Thanks

Tim
    05-06-09 07:54 AM
    Yeah, drag and drop the music
    05-06-09 07:57 AM
    drag from storm sd card to where? the songs show up.... I should be able to just play them. btw it is sitting in a desktop station.. if that makes a dif

Attachment 23888
    05-06-09 08:05 AM
    Ok, I'm not sure what you're trying to do here?

If the music is on your SD card already, you should just open up the Media Player on the Storm, click music and play...

You shouldn't sync with WMP anyway. It makes it much easier to get music onto the SD card via Mass Storage Mode.

Are you trying to play it on your Storm?

If you are trying to play your music on the Storm on your PC, you need to set Mass Storage Mode on, then access the BB as a flash drive.
    05-06-09 08:10 AM
    Thanks moviemogul for the quick reply. I am trying to play the music that is on my sd card thru the pc / pc speakers. Can you point me in the right direction to set the mass storage option.

Tim
    05-06-09 08:21 AM
    Go to Options > Memory

The forth option I believe is Mass Storage mode. Set it to on, save, then plug your phone into the computer.

There will be two drives that will show up. One is the Device Memory and the other is the SD card. Go into the SD card, right click music, click "Play With WMP" and you should be good to go
    05-06-09 08:45 AM
    That worked!! much thanks!!
    05-06-09 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD