Is the BB Storm really worth buying or may I say in my case really worth keeping. I'm still on the 30 day test drive and I'm on the fence about keeping the device do to so many glitches....Can anyone send some words of comfort....
    04-05-09 03:36 PM
    Well the only comfort that will come is when the official OS is released but who really knows when thats going to happen. But its still is a great phone I love it and I wouldn't trade it for any other phone. Its has its potential but that potential just needs to be reached
    04-05-09 03:41 PM
    04-05-09 03:43 PM
    You're posting on a Storm forum. Not sure what you would expect in terms of a response, but I'm very satisfied with mine....and it's an original unit running .75.
    04-05-09 03:44 PM
    If you really like the phone then its worth it. If you don't, then its not. I like my storm so I kept it. If you're really that worried then don't keep it and wait for something else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 03:49 PM
    Just wanna say one more thing I dunno why you would ask others everyone has thier own opinion, and you should have yours its all about what you like and dont like.
    04-05-09 03:49 PM
    Is the BB Storm really worth buying or may I say in my case really worth keeping. I'm still on the 30 day test drive and I'm on the fence about keeping the device do to so many glitches....Can anyone send some words of comfort....

Screw what anyone else thinks, you will have to live with the phone so don't let anyone make this decision for you. Will it get better, probably so, but we have no idea at this point how long that will take......
    04-05-09 03:53 PM
    i'm gonna have to say yes.

here are my reasons;

firstly, the only phone which is just as good or better is the iphone.

the iphone is more expensive, it doesn't have removable/upgradeable memory or battery.

though i have an ithouch, and the operating system is not only faster & more stable, it is very limited in functionability where as the storm seems to have a much wider range which grows daily.

lastly, i HATE itunes, i think it's the biggest load of BS in the world, i can't stand it at all, so not having to use it makes everything worth it to me.

they'll fix the bugs soon enough, just ride it out and enjoy what's bug-free for now (though i haven't found many bugs myself, rare battery pull out, but nothing major)
    04-05-09 03:55 PM
    Personally i was icky about getting the storm at first and when i got it i wasnt impressed. my friend then told me about crackberry and i browsed and found all these softwares n stuff, my 30day trial ended and i did all these 'Download at your own risk' updates and Guess what?!? My Phone works much much better!! i loved it since! its faster, smoother and extra options in these unofficial updates! So try one if you are bold lol Most did!
    04-05-09 03:59 PM
    Honestly man this phone is really great, I have had it since late Dec. '08 running OS .75 out of the box and it is just fine. Yeah I see some things can (and will be improved). But I think after about 2-3 weeks of all the complaints people had about the phone when it was released I think lots of the complaints are just nit-picking and unjustified bashing of a good device.

And once they really lock down the next official OS everyone will see a world of difference.
    04-05-09 04:01 PM
    If you're having second thoughts about the phone, return it before it's too late.

There's no guarantee that an official release will solve any of the issues you're seeing. You can always return to the Storm once and if an official release has been made available and reports of its efficacy are reported in the forums.
    04-05-09 04:05 PM
    Thanks to all the positive feed back. I will make my own decision ultimately. Sorry I just phased the question wrong. The feed back I wanted was to know what other people thought about the storm and in their eyes is it worth keeping, buying, riding out all the glitches is it worth hanging in there for OL BB sake. I love BB and I don't think I'll ever go back to those beginner phone's that's what I call them or may I say SIMPLE PHONE'S....FutureBerry FOR LIFE BABY. I look forward to what BB is going to unfold soon....just wait and see.
    04-05-09 04:06 PM
    take that **** back while you still have time
    04-05-09 04:07 PM
    It depends on how you feel about it. You have to love it, or at least like it when it is good and when it is bad. Also depends on what you use it for and how much you use it.

I had the Storm for 2 months, and if you want my honest opinion I love it but I do regret not returning it and saving my money for when the new OS came out. I went back to my Curve for now. I'm keeping my Storm as a back up just in case a decent OS ever comes out but I really got tired of waiting and tired of tweaking my phone in order to make it work well.

I rely very heavily on my phone for both work and my personal life. The final straws came for me a few days ago when I missed two very important calls (the phone froze on me while it was ringing and I couldn't answer it using the screen or the hard key, and the second time it just dropped the call on me even though I had full service). And the night that I fully changed my mind to switch back, the phone froze on me over an over while I was trying to send out important work-related emails when I was out of the office. Then again, I've been using BB for a long time so that might have an impact on my decision. I did notice quite of few Storm users are also first time berry users.

I couldn't even use the phone for fun because apps just slowed my phone to a snails pace. I tried all different OS's and some did better than others. Some worked great for a while then crapped out on me. Mixed results I guess. But I really was tired of constantly checking and fixing and tweaking it became burdensome.

I'm not bashing the Storm. I loved it, and I still love it. But it just is not reliable yet. Not as a BlackBerry should be anyway. I'm hoping that the Storm will be great in the near future and I'm sure there is an OS out there that will make the difference. I am keeping my Storm on the backburner and I am almost positive I will switch back to my Storm once a good official OS drops.

But for now it's back to the good old reliable Curve for me. Sorry about the long post but my closing advice to you is, if you are unsure of the phone take it back within the 30 days. Save your upgrade or your money however you paid for it and when a good OS comes out then purchase it again. If you don't mind dealing with the glitches and whatever else then stick it out. It will most likely be a great phone some day, I just got tired of waiting.

Good luck with your decision!
    04-05-09 04:17 PM
    The Blackberry Storm is worth buying if you are going to use the features that it has. Email and web browsing is something that you would want to have and use since you have to pay an extra $29.99 per month on top of your calling plan unless you're on an email and web plan for the blackberry. To be honest, the phone is not user friendly. It will take some getting used to. Once you understand how it works, then it seems to be a breeze when doing anything. There are a lot of 3rd party applications that are going to become available. Also, there is no where that states this info, but the storm will be able to support a 32 gigabyte memory card when they become available to consumers. The OS the comes standard on the storm is slow, but there are leaked versions all over the internet...download at your own risk! Any questions feel free to contact me.
    04-05-09 04:19 PM
    Well, I don't want to go into some expansive explanation on why you should get the device, but put simply: is it worth buying?

It absolutely is. There has never been a device of this kind that I've enjoyed quite as much as I've enjoyed the Storm.

The original OS versions for the Storm didn't showcase the potential at all because the performance wasn't quite there, but with the leaked OS versions, the Storm becomes significantly better and there are many more on the way.
    04-05-09 04:34 PM
    Yep. It is.

04-05-09 04:40 PM
    no, its not.

04-05-09 05:29 PM
    I think that the Storm is really worth buying. I'm a gadget geek, and I love the latest and greatest, plus you can't really beat Verizon. While the beta OS leaks are cool and all, I've been more focused on trying out 3rd party apps and the themes that members here have created. Browsing is definitely nice with the touch screen, and getting emails instantly is great as well.

All that you can really do is consider trying it out and see for yourself, and try not to let the opinions other the other users here (both positive and negative) get in the way how YOU feel about the phone. Test it out and see if it fits in with your needs.
    04-05-09 05:48 PM
    the storm is an excellent phone, i have an unlocked 9530 running on t-mobile, no problems running on original OS also. The positive outweigh the negative by a wide margin.
    04-05-09 05:54 PM
    i'll comment one more time, i couldn't agree more with the "yes, it is"

the storm is exactly what steve jobs intended the iPhone to be.

Camerca, Media Device, Phone, Internet Browser/E-Mail

As i posted before, if you don't like the Storm, try the iPhone and then pick.

There's no doubt that both the Storm and iPhone will only get better over time, but these two are the best of the best, and really not that much more expensive (if you can afford it).

if you can't afford the intial $ or the 30$/month, then you aren't asking the right question... are you living outside your means if 30$ makes/breaks you?

Anyway, while I wait for the BB Storm and the iPhone to get better or another amazing device to come out in the near future, i'll gladly wait with the Storm... there is nothing else out there honestly (other then iPhone), but that requires AT&T, and where i live (and lots of people have this problem) AT&T ******* blows!

Good luck buddy!
    04-05-09 06:00 PM
    eh, keep it.
    04-05-09 06:09 PM
    It all depends. If you enjoy using it now and the quirks don't bother you then yes keep it. If your waiting for a magical OS that will wipe away your issues, then I wouldn't recommend waiting. You never know when it is coming out or how it will work. Basically get
    the phone when you will enjoy it not buying it and hoping you will eventually enjoy it.

04-05-09 06:46 PM
    From the first click of the screen you will be hooked.
    04-05-09 06:49 PM
    I think if you keep it and upgrade to a leaked os or .114 hybrid v3 as I did you will love it. Since I upgraded my os it's like night and day difference.
    04-05-09 08:58 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD