So Im trying to hook my BB storm up to my Pioneer deck, the deck doesnt have bluetooth but it does have an Aux input. So I hooked it up from the headphone jack on the phone to the back of the deck and i get nothing. Is it possible to hook this phone up to a car stereo?
    08-08-09 04:36 PM
    Should hook right in. I know this may sound kind of obvious, but did you turn the volume up on the Storm and verify that the headphone jack was activated?

Also, as I recall there are two or three jacks on the back of the Pioneers that look the same, with I think one being on the end of a short cable (on mine anyway). IIRC, the input line needed to be connected to the one at the end of the short cable. Forgive me if I'm wrong, as it's been awhile! Anyway, make sure you have the phone line plugged into the correct port! I made that mistake the first time I hooked up the mini to mini cord on my Pioneer HU.
    08-08-09 05:35 PM
    On some pioneer units you have to besure the auxiliary is turned on mine had to be. but after i plugged it in it made my head unit not want to turn up or down on the volume... but who knows it might still work for you. In the back of the head unit it should just be a single jack for the MP3 hookup and a seperate type of plug for something like a Ipod
    Last edited by FiremanNC08; 08-08-09 at 09:15 PM.
    08-08-09 06:15 PM
    Volume is up on the storm
    Not sure how to check if the headphone jack is activated
    Aux is turned on

When I go to Aux like you say Fireman it wont let me turn up the volume and my deck acts really buggy.

I have a picture of the deck but it wont let me post it because i dont have 10 posts. I can pm or email it to someone if there willing to help.
    Last edited by Jshera; 08-09-09 at 01:09 AM.
    08-09-09 12:56 AM
    When I go to Aux like you say Fireman it wont let me turn up the volume and my deck acts really buggy.
    My memory is coming back! OK, I'm 99.99% sure that you hooked your 3.5mm cord into the wired remote input. That's EXACTLY what I did the first time and I got the same results! I'm looking at the back of the model I have (P7900BT) and the wired remote is also a 3.5mm plug and it goes directly into the back of the unit. On mine there is also a microphone input on a pigtail for the BT hands-free, as well as the 3.5mm aux input on a pigtail. I'm gonna stick to this because if your deck is acting whacky that means it's getting bad control input, which wouldn't happen from a sound input. Double check that connection!

If you give me the model number I will look it up for you. You could do it too at Pioneerelectronics.com to get a picture of the rear connections.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 08-09-09 at 01:13 AM. Reason: edit
    08-09-09 01:11 AM
    Its the Pioneer DEH-P5800MP, and im currently hooking my phone up to the far right black Aux plugin.
    08-09-09 01:24 AM
    Dude, I have bad news for you! The P5800MP does not have a 3.5mm aux input. You are, indeed, plugging into the wired remote input. In order to use the aux input on that head unit you have to buy an IP-BUS adapter cable that plugs into the IP-BUS. It's a squarish hook-up on the back. The adapter gives you a right and left RCA input, which you would then need to get another adapter cable for that changes the RCA's into a 3.5mm stereo plug.

Here's the Pioneer cable you need (out of stock, but someone else may have it):

Pioneer CDRB10 Auxiliary Input Adapter for P-Bus Receivers at Crutchfield.com

Then you need one of these:

Monster Cable 1 Female/2 Male RCA Y-Adapter at Crutchfield.com

Or one of these cables, so you won't need the cable you're using now...

Arista Stereo Mini-to-RCA Adapter 6-foot cable with mini and dual RCA plugs at Crutchfield.com

Or you could just upgrade your head unit to one that has the proper input. Sorry man!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 08-09-09 at 03:09 AM. Reason: edit
    08-09-09 02:49 AM
    Here's a pic of the back of your head unit, from the Pioneer installation manual.
    08-09-09 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD