It is official. I honestly believe this launch was terrible. Limited supply and no available accessories have dulled this product. I will say that the Storm is a nice device especially with the .75 update. But I think that RIM and Verizon certainly could have waited to have enough phones in the stores and accessories. Even over 1 week later, I still cannot get a car charger or case. And no ETA of when I can expect one.

Also, very poor communication between the corporate stores. One says he cannot give me a phone even after I paid retail because the limited supply is reserved for new customers. Another store says that is false. And the Satellite stores were still without phones as of Thanksgiving.
    12-01-08 10:02 PM
    Same thing happened with the Nintendo Wii, just to put things in perspective. Granted there were no bugs, but you get the gist.
    12-01-08 10:21 PM
    It waz bad like this last year for the vzw LG Voyager took me for ever to find stuff for it and theres still not good accessory available
    12-01-08 10:27 PM
    I was able to get one on the release day here in Fort Myers, actually at BJ's. But I will agree there was nothing for it, No banners, and no real info on the model. I have been looking into the Storm, but still unsure.
    12-01-08 10:31 PM
    Do you remember Iphone 3g, Mobileme and Leopard Updates all on the same day.? That was the word launch ever.
    12-01-08 10:32 PM
    Do you remember Iphone 3g, Mobileme and Leopard Updates all on the same day.? That was the word launch ever.
    Don't forget the iPod Touch 2.0 update on the same day too. They were just asking for a total server overload.
    12-01-08 10:35 PM
    I agree we could use more accessory support. I'm sure it's coming but it's hard to wait.
    12-01-08 10:57 PM
    It is official. I honestly believe this launch was terrible. Limited supply and no available accessories have dulled this product. I will say that the Storm is a nice device especially with the .75 update. But I think that RIM and Verizon certainly could have waited to have enough phones in the stores and accessories. Even over 1 week later, I still cannot get a car charger or case. And no ETA of when I can expect one.

Also, very poor communication between the corporate stores. One says he cannot give me a phone even after I paid retail because the limited supply is reserved for new customers. Another store says that is false. And the Satellite stores were still without phones as of Thanksgiving.
    I don't agree.....the reason mostly for limited supplies the over demanding of the product, its supply and demand and as with anything they always run out of supply...no matter what it is in life.
    12-01-08 11:01 PM

CANT GET A CAR CHARGER???
    that is BS... sorry
    it uses the verizon universal mini-usb car charger and home charger!
    either you the verizon rep you talked to mis heard or mis understood...
    12-01-08 11:06 PM
    Sorry you guys feel that way about accessories I had all of mines before I had my phone. Ebay is a wonderful thing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 11:16 PM
    It waz bad like this last year for the vzw LG Voyager took me for ever to find stuff for it and theres still not good accessory available
    Ok not sure what you guys are talking about. When I got mine I got the car charger, the case, and the cradle and headset.

I would like to know what accessories you are looking for??
    12-01-08 11:21 PM
    CANT GET A CAR CHARGER???
    that is BS... sorry
    it uses the verizon universal mini-usb car charger and home charger!
    either you the verizon rep you talked to mis heard or mis understood...
    actually.. It doesnt. It uses a Micro Usb charger which is the first of any blackberrys. You can however go to T-mobile and pick up a Mini to Micro USB adapter as I did for $4
    12-01-08 11:25 PM
    actually.. It doesnt. It uses a Micro Usb charger which is the first of any blackberrys. You can however go to T-mobile and pick up a Mini to Micro USB adapter as I did for $4
    OR. just buy an LG Dare car charger. It uses the same port and works perfectly.
    12-01-08 11:35 PM
    i got a car charger and silicon case the day i got my storm. I had the option to get the docking station and several other cases as well (or another wall charger) but chose to pass on those.
    Sometimes I wonder how I was so lucky to get accessories I wanted and a phone that works so well when it seems so many others have nothing but problems... then I remember I can figure stuff out on my own.
    12-02-08 12:02 AM
    err... the accessories. um, my girlfriend decided to surprise me. she ordered a car charger, screen protectors and dock on 11/28. FedEx dropped them today at noon.

she somehow even conned them into using my corp discount and free overnight shipping (dunno how she got them to apply my discount on accessories since she's not on the account)
    12-02-08 12:05 AM
    WHAT was the question? you wanna work for RIM or VZW so you can do the launch?
    12-02-08 12:15 AM
    Yup it definitely uses micro-usb and not mini-usb.
    12-02-08 12:32 AM
    Same thing happened with the Nintendo Wii, just to put things in perspective. Granted there were no bugs, but you get the gist.
    The gist is that there were no bugs, just a shortage of supply because they were so hot. In this instance there is a huge black cloud that hangs over the Storm because of the bugs and glitches. Word has gone far and wide that such shortage is due to the desire to fix before releasing. That's not a good reputation to have, especially out of the box. More troubling is the HUGE amount of advertising that VZW has spent but without product to sell and with speculation abound.

Let us not compare the Wii with the Storm.
    12-02-08 01:23 AM
    I have the leather case but still no Storm. for now I use my 8830 in my Storm's leather case. It doesn't fit perfectly, but hey, anything to remind me I have a Storm on the way (whenever that is)

I dont like car chargers, I think they burn the battery out quicker....the good ol USB charger, or wall charger will do the trick for me.
    Last edited by stephdakel; 12-02-08 at 10:14 AM.
    12-02-08 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD