Every time i send i email i get a message sent back to me in my inbox within seconds (like a notification that it was sent) so every time i send an email i get a new from myself. i know this can be fixed please someone tell me how asap..

PS. under email settings i already have confirm delivery turned off and i still get it.. HELP
    Last edited by ChadLockey; 11-23-08 at 06:45 AM.
    11-23-08 06:00 AM
    I assume your using BIS, if so, log into account and add filter to email account and block messages from your own email address from being delivered to your handheld. I have Gmail and it did the same thing.
    11-23-08 06:52 AM
    no sorry i have gmail as well and i thought about adding a filter but i didnt know if it would work or what i should say exactly in the filter box to make it work correctly
    11-23-08 06:56 AM
    Once in the filters setup:

Apply Filter when: "From" field
    Contains: "Enter your gmail address"
    Select radio button "Do not forward message to device"

Another thing I just realized too is, that I didn't have to setup the filter when I readded my gmail account as IMAP. I had the filter when account was setup under POP, so that maybe something else to consider and try.
    11-23-08 07:03 AM
    Did all of the above to stop emails I send from appearing in my inbox. Verified the filter is set as above. Emails I send still appearing in my inbox. Any ideas?
    11-23-08 08:07 AM
    11-23-08 08:15 AM
    And Blackberrys strength is sending and receiving emails???? Sounds like this guy is jumping through hoops just to get he BB emails to work correctly.

I am having email issues also. I set up my personal account (it is a verizon.net). I have a message icon, and I also have a mail icon with a littile yahoo symbol.
    That is only a little issue. When I have mail sent to my verizon.net, it sometimes shows up in the "mail" icon, sometimes it shows in the "mail" and in the "message" box, and some mail, I dont even get.

I just tried to send a message from my gmail account to my verizon.net account ( I did this from my desktop computer). It has been 15 mins, and it still is not showing on my BB.

Is there a setting to check for mail?
    11-23-08 08:16 AM
    And Blackberrys strength is sending and receiving emails???? Sounds like this guy is jumping through hoops just to get he BB emails to work correctly.

I am having email issues also. I set up my personal account (it is a verizon.net). I have a message icon, and I also have a mail icon with a littile yahoo symbol.
    That is only a little issue. When I have mail sent to my verizon.net, it sometimes shows up in the "mail" icon, sometimes it shows in the "mail" and in the "message" box, and some mail, I dont even get.

I just tried to send a message from my gmail account to my verizon.net account ( I did this from my desktop computer). It has been 15 mins, and it still is not showing on my BB.

Is there a setting to check for mail?
    That depends on the individual email server.
    11-23-08 08:19 AM
    My message just arrived. I took 19 mins. Is that normal for BB? I sent it from my gmail account to my verizon.net. Anyone else have the same accounts and maybe they can check to see how long it takes them? Maybe I have a setting that needs to be adjusted.???

Thanks,
    11-23-08 08:22 AM
    Thanks for the link. Went to my BIS account. The filter was already there exactly as I entered it on the BB and as described above. I tried to edit it to make certain it was correct. It was. Saved the edit. Sent emails still show up in the inbox.

While we're at it, I have two folders on the home screen, one for messages and one for my Yahoo email account. The Verizon rep initially setup email. Maybe it wasn't done correctly. Anyway, when I receive an email, it goes into both folders. How do I stop that?
    11-23-08 08:29 AM
    I set up a filter to stop receiving copies of my sent messages and it works properly. However, sometimes I e-mail files to myself as a means of storing them. Is there a way to get around the filter to do this by setting up a filter with higher priority or something? The only solution I can think of right now is just to use a different e-mail address to send any such files.
    11-23-08 08:36 AM
    My message just arrived. I took 19 mins. Is that normal for BB? I sent it from my gmail account to my verizon.net. Anyone else have the same accounts and maybe they can check to see how long it takes them? Maybe I have a setting that needs to be adjusted.???

Thanks,
    Are using POP or IMAP?
    11-23-08 09:34 AM
    Are using POP or IMAP?
    How do I know if I am using POP or IMAP? I had the store set it up for me.
    11-23-08 08:09 PM
    Bump having the same e-mail issues...
    11-23-08 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD