HI Addicts,

Pls can you assist me................i cant decide whether to get the Storm touchscreen or the BB Curve 9500. I am a first time BlackBerry user and have never used a Touch Screen before but the touch screen does sound appealing as it will be something new.

In your experienced opinion, what would you advise????? Please advise me of PRO's and CONS to both choices if you have used these models before.

Thanks

Ryan ( South Africa)
    03-27-09 02:16 AM
    Well what do you use your phone the most for? It depends on what you need. The only better thing the curve has is a physical keyboard but the storm isn't that hard to use. Yet both out at a vzw store and see what floats your boat. Oh and check out the 9630 thy is rumored to be released in may

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:56 AM
    Well what do you use your phone the most for? It depends on what you need. The only better thing the curve has is a physical keyboard but the storm isn't that hard to use. Yet both out at a vzw store and see what floats your boat. Oh and check out the 9630 thy is rumored to be released in may

I couldn't have said it better myself!
    03-27-09 04:59 AM
    Thanks for the reply and the advice...........i have checked out the Storm and i am in two mind as to whether i would like the Touch Screen or not. Have you had any hassles with it? I know that you said it is not to hard to use ???? Any hassles?
    03-27-09 05:00 AM
    Eh not really. It took like a week to get use to and after that its been quite smooth. Best touchscreen I've ever seen and the surepress to back up responsiveness is just great. But like I said its all up to you so go and check them out and play with them yourself

03-27-09 05:03 AM
    I have checked both out but the problem is that in Sunny South africa here, there is a huge shortage of Curve 8900's. I can get my hands on the Storm 9500 now though.

Any idea what the diff is between the Storm 9500 and the 9530................

Have you had any hassles using the touch screen ?
    03-27-09 05:04 AM
    The main difference in the 2 storms is that the 9500 has the CDMA radios disabled, otherwise they are pretty much the same. 9500 is for european gsm markets, and 9530 is for North American CDMA markets. A 9520 storm is coming soon too that is gsm AND has wifi.

03-27-09 05:10 AM
    Thanks PKCable

In your opinion, is the Storm easy to use and user friendly

When was the Storm 9500 launched.

Pls advise
    03-27-09 05:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD