Need input from other Storm owner/users on Camera Glitch

Hey there BB-Stormers,

Got my baby a week and a half ago and overall love it. Something I've just noted though with the camera program. When I press the camera button to activate the camera, the screen flashes about 5-6 times very quickly before smoothing out in camera mode! After that, the camera seems to operate correctly. It appears that this is a glitch and I am preparing to return to the Verizon store where I picked up the Blackberry for an exchange tomorrow. Is this the right thing to do, or is there an update of some sort?

Hawk
    04-05-09 08:20 PM
    You need to update your OS if you are using the OEM version. Camera glitches are an ongoing battle with Storms but the .1xx builds are doing pretty well.
    04-05-09 08:24 PM
    Yes, but will this void any contract with the carrier? Also, have others out there had this same problems and what have you done to correct it? Do I really need to go back to Verizon after only 10 days of having my Storm, and/or how do I sign on, or where, to update a working, not beta, upgrade?
    Lets hear some feedback Stormers?

Hawk
    04-05-09 09:42 PM
    I've had my storm 3 weeks, maybe 4, but I upgraded my OS two days after having and reading about it. I actually like the upgrade a lot more than the original. The camera is faster. My wife kept the original until tonight and I compared the cameras, and it was a good 2 seconds slower.
    04-05-09 09:50 PM
    my video camera doesn't work for long periods of time without freezing up. but my camera is ok. A little slow but works alright. I'm still waiting for an official realease to update my storm. lts of glitches and wierd problems. If i had to do it all over again i'd cancel my account with telus and buy an Iphone. period.
    04-05-09 10:06 PM
    Yeah... Upgrade your Os ... I am on .114 hybrid v2 . Amongst other things , the camera improvement is amazing. My wife's storm still has .75, and we took pictures side by side after battery
    Pulls. Mine was 5x faster ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 10:31 PM
    Has anyone else had this problem....
    "When I press the camera button to activate the camera, the screen flashes about 5-6 times very quickly before smoothing out in camera mode!"
    ....and what did you do to fix it?

Hawk

come on Stomers, give some feedback.......
    04-05-09 11:16 PM
    When I press the camera button to activate the camera, the screen flashes about 5-6 times very quickly before smoothing out in camera mode! Hawk
    this has never happened to me until just now ..
    did a battery pull and it works just fine now .. i'm not sure if it'll work for you
    04-05-09 11:40 PM
    Need input from other Storm owner/users on Camera Glitch

Hey there BB-Stormers,

Got my baby a week and a half ago and overall love it. Something I've just noted though with the camera program. When I press the camera button to activate the camera, the screen flashes about 5-6 times very quickly before smoothing out in camera mode! After that, the camera seems to operate correctly. It appears that this is a glitch and I am preparing to return to the Verizon store where I picked up the Blackberry for an exchange tomorrow. Is this the right thing to do, or is there an update of some sort?

Hawk
    I think I got a defected phone cuz I had the same problem but then my camera didn't work at all after that,so I got a new phone and everything works great
    Last edited by Specs; 04-06-09 at 03:38 AM.
    04-06-09 03:36 AM
    Here is a tip to make the camera be much more responsive. Go into camera options and shut off image destabilization. It's not a very useful feature for such a basic camera. And with it off, the camera will snap pictures much faster.
    04-06-09 08:48 AM
    Hey there chanCHAN, I believe you might have the fix. I tried the reset via battery removal and reinstall and it seemed to work. I did this about 10 hours ago and have tried my camera mode off and on during the day with it not glitching at all. Did anyone else have this problem and tried this?

Hawk
    04-06-09 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD