Ok after a couple of months of not getting to involved in the crackberry threads I have finally decided to add my 2 cents. I have poked around here and there on crackberry almost every day since I got my Storm back in Feb. just seeing what I can learn from others or see what other problems people have had, and like everyone else, waiting to see if the elephant in the room is finally brought to light (OS update). But in all this time I have come to this conclusion... the Blackberry Storm is quite possibly the greatest phone ever invented! oh and quite possibly the worse phone ever invented! Now before I go on If I speak of a problem that could have easily been fixed or am repeating other issues that have already been brought to light can we please keep the ignorance to a minimum. It really drives me crazy that a number of people just attack others over the silliest things. It reminds me alot of piranhas attacking. Its like someone asks for help, somone says search you idoit then everyone smells blood and goes on the attack along with the village idoit. So if that last comment offends you then Im sorry but it was aimed at you lol.

First why the storm is the best phone ever!

First the touch screen. Not that it clicks but just how senstive it is. Aside from the iphone no other phone comes close. Try and scroll on LG Dare, or The Vu..the Omnia. You have to press not hard but alot harder then needed on the Storm. Dont believe me go try it! The click screen on the storm is genius. How many of the first time we used where like WOW! Its truly innovative.

Second the obvious, Email. No phone out there can compete with BB on this. For someone who needs this for work no other phone can come close

the music player IMO is just as better then any other phone out there..excluding the iphone. No other phone makes it as easy to sync and with rim giving you a 8gb card how can you not take advantage of the music player

Having the hard keys for Send, BB , Back , and End. the one thing the iphone is lacking is that it can make using this phone so much easier.

The camera, Tho buggy it has great potential. 3.2mp, flash , video recording. You cant beat it.

There are many other great things to and I leave that to you add more but now to the bad.

Battery is horrible, The accelermator is absouluty horrible on this phone at times. The OS! the phone was built around the Bolds OS and not the OS being built around the phone. (and instead of being mad at VZW not releasing a OS update can we take it easy, could it be possible that instead of rushing another OS that we all have problems with they wanna maybe get it right this time. so relax, if and when it comes out for all we know it could blow us away and thus be well worth the wait) Last I feel like my storm is caged. meaning I kno it is much more capable of doing things but its like it was crippled by people afraid to think outside the box. Now I kno everyone here is tired of I wish it did this like the iphone. or had this app like the iphone, blah blah blah but I dont think there is one person in here who can honestly say that the Iphone has raised the bar on cell phones. And because of that every touchscreen will be compared to it because as of right now it is the top dog. But we could all go on and on why the iphone cant compete with the storm but they both are very very similiar and very very different.

And another thing the App store is horrible, way over priced and has no trials on 99% of apps. Horrible

And finally I welcome a Storm 2. For those of you mad that it may come out so quickly...get over it. If you really think about if you want the newest and best thing you would never get a cell phone. As soon as we bought our Storms RIM was already working on a better phone.

So feel free to comment but keep the ignorant comments to yourselves You can find them every other thread so go back there. Sorry if I sound defensive but check out have the threads and you will see what Im talking about Oh and I have horrible grammer and puncuation so I dont need to know I cant spell or I may have written the longest sentence in history or this maybe be nothing but short statments.
    04-10-09 01:32 PM
    wow that was really long Im sorry guys
    04-10-09 01:33 PM
    Very good post. You really didn't mention any bad about the phone just the OS and the apps store. The OS is not that bad like I said in previous posts these phones are more than phones now. they are pocket pc's They go threw a lot so freeze's glitches and so on are going to happen. The processor speed is not as quick as a regular pc and that's why it happens. GOOD Post. I love this phone, the best one I ever had. The difference between the Storm and Iphone, is the same difference between the WII and the XBOX. One's a kids phone the other is a Grown up toy.
    04-10-09 01:58 PM
    Very good post. You really didn't mention any bad about the phone just the OS and the apps store. The OS is not that bad like I said in previous posts these phones are more than phones now. they are pocket pc's They go threw a lot so freeze's glitches and so on are going to happen. The processor speed is not as quick as a regular pc and that's why it happens. GOOD Post. I love this phone, the best one I ever had. The difference between the Storm and Iphone, is the same difference between the WII and the XBOX. One's a kids phone the other is a Grown up toy.
    Your analogy couldn't be anymore worst. Which one would be the toy? I hope you are not calling the Storm the toy. If so, I can definitely tell you haven't been around here long enough. Blackberry users are always calling the iPhone a toy while blackberries are for more "serious" users. Not my thoughts but that's what they say. Or if the Storm in the kid's phone..... huh? The Storm stinks. Not even comparing to the iPhone the thing is awful. Worst blackberry ever. Watch when RIM comes out with another and changes the hardware and software technology, then you will see how awful the first really was.
    04-10-09 02:04 PM
    Have you used both phones? I have not had any problems with the Storm they are both very good phones. Just like she said they are very similar and very different. Yeah I think the IPhone is more based for teenagers and The blackberry for more serious users I do agree. My sister has the IPhone and I played around with it to. Both worth buying. I would rather stick with the blackberry.
    04-10-09 02:09 PM
    From recent BB's the Storm seems to have the most problems.
    04-10-09 02:12 PM
    Your analogy couldn't be anymore worst. Which one would be the toy? I hope you are not calling the Storm the toy. If so, I can definitely tell you haven't been around here long enough. Blackberry users are always calling the iPhone a toy while blackberries are for more "serious" users. Not my thoughts but that's what they say. Or if the Storm in the kid's phone..... huh? The Storm stinks. Not even comparing to the iPhone the thing is awful. Worst blackberry ever. Watch when RIM comes out with another and changes the hardware and software technology, then you will see how awful the first really was.
    Why don't you go back, read and comprehend his post before you spill that rubbish out of your mouth.

Btw, its worse...not worst..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 02:19 PM
    I do agree the Storm has the most problems than previous BB. My first BB was the pearl and I loved it. My cousin has the curve and he loves it to. I have not had any major problems with my storm. I can text with no problems. I web browse with no problems. The phone is great.
    04-10-09 02:23 PM
    The app store is brand new? How is it going to be perfect or expected to be perfect right off the bat?
    04-10-09 02:23 PM
    Have you used both phones? I have not had any problems with the Storm they are both very good phones. Just like she said they are very similar and very different. Yeah I think the IPhone is more based for teenagers and The blackberry for more serious users I do agree. My sister has the IPhone and I played around with it to. Both worth buying. I would rather stick with the blackberry.
    Yes I have had both phones. I had the Storm the first day it came out. That last for 2 weeks. And I been using my Bold and iPhone ever since. I don't think either device is geared specifically for an older generation or younger. I may seem like that, but I can't comprehend that with the amount of games, multimedia capabilities and when they come out with fart applications for both lol.
    04-10-09 02:27 PM
    Why don't you go back, read and comprehend his post before you spill that rubbish out of your mouth.

Btw, its worse...not worst..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What about the rubbish you just spilled? Don't like what I said, I don't give a damn. Like I said that was an awful analogy. Lastly, go get a dictionary before you critique someone's spelling....

worst   /wɜrst/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [wurst] Show IPA
    –adjective, superl. of bad and ill.

1. bad or ill in the highest, greatest, or most extreme degree: the worst person.
    2. most faulty, unsatisfactory, or objectionable: the worst paper submitted.
    3. in the poorest condition: the worst house on the block.
    4. most unpleasant, unattractive, or disagreeable: the worst personality I've ever known.
    5. most lacking in skill; least skilled: the worst typist in the group.

e.g. Worst analogy ever given.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-10-09 at 02:32 PM.
    04-10-09 02:29 PM
    Never buy anything that first comes out. They always have a lot of bugs that companies don't see.
    04-10-09 02:32 PM
    Never buy anything that first comes out. They always have a lot of bugs that companies don't see.
    I agree there especially now. But I usually most of my other devices when they first came out and never had any gripes besides just not liking the device anymore. The Storm was the biggest let down because I had high hopes especially after telling all my friends with iPhone that it was going to blow them away. Had to rep for Blackberry. Turned out to be a embarrassment.
    04-10-09 02:36 PM
    The app store is brand new? How is it going to be perfect or expected to be perfect right off the bat?

My 2 points I made about the app store was no free trials and the cost is 2 high. I understand it is brand new. Its the not the glitches or problems with the app store its self but the poor thinking on not having free trials before I spend 15 bucks on guitar hero...so until they offer free trials I will never buy anything from there before I spend that much on app for my phone
    04-10-09 02:38 PM
    My 2 points I made about the app store was no free trials and the cost is 2 high. I understand it is brand new. Its the not the glitches or problems with the app store its self but the poor thinking on not having free trials before I spend 15 bucks on guitar hero...so until they offer free trials I will never buy anything from there before I spend that much on app for my phone
    Yeah those app prices are up there to not be offering free trials. I was looking at some of them the other day and they might be very good, but they might also be very bad. Not taking the chance.
    04-10-09 02:46 PM
    I've had almost every PDA Phone out there now, and I have to say I love my Storm. I use my iPhone as well. I have a 8900 Curve, and I'm getting a Bold. I use my Blackberries for Data/Email, and my iPhone for Music & Apps.
    04-10-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD