I pull it up, it says "checking for device applications". It then comes up with a list of "BlackBerry 4.7 Core Applications" and "Help". When I hit Update Now it reads some info from the device and searches for available device software. It then gives me a choice to upgrade BlackBerry Core Applications 4.7 and Help 4.7.0. I then hit next and get this:

Your BlackBerry device will be updated to include the following software:
    BlackBerry 4.7 Core Applications
    Help

Applications to be deleted:
    Facebook
    Google Talk
    Yahoo! Messenger

My question is this; should I continue with the update? I only hesitate because I am unsure of why it would delete those apps. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for the help.
    11-25-08 05:08 PM
    yes continue. it is deleting those because there is a more recent version already on your bb
    11-25-08 05:09 PM
    Thank you Clover86, appreciate the help.
    11-25-08 05:10 PM
    Thanks Clover86 -- I had the same question.

Another Desktop Manager question:
    I'm using BES with Exchange/Outlook. Is there a way to use Desktop Manager or Outlook to update information for the contacts on my phone? Or any other way to do it using a computer rather than on the Storm?

The deal is that VZW transferred my contacts from my old phone, but I have a lot more fields now, and would like to enter email addresses, mailing addresses, etc. for some of my contacts, but I really don't want to type. If it comes down to it, I can send myself an email and do a whole lot of C&P, but that doesn't sound like too much fun either.

Edit:
    OK, I figured it out. I need to:
    A) Make sure contacts were being synced from the Desktop Manager options.
    B) Make changes to my contacts in Outlook. I had a hard time finding them -- they're under my user info at the bottom left, next to the Inbox and Calendar icons.

On the plus side, I used the same technique to sync up a bunch of To Do items, saving myself a ton of time.
    Last edited by stevevt; 11-25-08 at 07:05 PM.
    11-25-08 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD