Greetings All,

I had a bold on ATT before this and never encountered this issue. Ive done a search internally/externally to no avail so far. My BBIM is not working properly in that it won't allow me to add other contacts. When I send out a PIN request, the other person does not receive it. When they send me a PIN request, I get it, accept it, and their PIN or contact name just goes under pending (waiting for authorization) indefinitely. With the bold it was almost instantaneous. At the guidance of Verizon and RIM, I was told to uninstall and reinstall BBIM through the DM but that did not resolve the issue. The only thing Im really not interested in doing is a hard reset (too time consuming to set everything up again)

Other applications installed on the Storm:
    AIM
    Poynt
    Garmin Mobile
    Meterberry
    Viigo
    Gmail
    Opera Mini
    Google Maps
    Social Scope
    Amazon.com

Any help/suggestions? Quite frustrating since most of my friends have BBIM.

TIA,
    Scion
    06-17-09 10:38 AM
    I have been having this problem too. Verizon told me the same thing. Sounds like it may be a verizon problem because I got rid of my storm for a curve and I am still having the issue. I had no issues with BBM when I was with allel. Let me know if you find a fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 03:58 PM
    bump... anyone?
    06-18-09 02:19 PM
    I have a somewhat related issue. The first day I activated it, I pulled the battery since the phone was acting up, and when the phone came back on, the conversations were there, but the contacts read 0. I had groups, and about 12-15 contacts. Weird.
    06-18-09 03:50 PM
    nobody has any ideas about this issue?
    06-20-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD