Today I found out my workplace has enterprise. So I called Verizon and paid the extra 15 a month. My IT person set me up and an email wwith a password and instructions come into my email box. I follow the instructions which were quite simple and everything seems at first to be going smoothly. All of my work contacts are on my phone my inbox and calander are all on the phone. I get emails sent to the phone quickly and it seems to be working great. I notice that ther is no icon for the BES mail from work all of the email comes into the messages folder. Then I try and send a reply to my boss and it will not go through. I added 2 appointments to my calander and those don't go through. I;m wondering if anyone has an idea about what could be going wrong? My guess its some kind of outgoing setting that is missing or installed wrong. I'm familular with the windows mobil OS but BB is new to me. I dont know where to look for these advanced things.
    Please help.

Abigfish
    11-25-08 07:45 PM
    Have your IT person resend the service books to the device, this could fix it. I do know that if you have desktop manager setup you can go in and make sure that things are sent to OTA (over the air). Also on your email options, you will want to set delete on "mailbox and handheld" if you want to delete emails on the device and have it update your desktop.
    11-25-08 07:49 PM
    Have your IT person resend the service books to the device, this could fix it. I do know that if you have desktop manager setup you can go in and make sure that things are sent to OTA (over the air). Also on your email options, you will want to set delete on "mailbox and handheld" if you want to delete emails on the device and have it update your desktop.
    Any idea where the Icon for the mail box might be on the storm?

Abigfish
    11-25-08 08:14 PM
    Open your messages app, options->Email Reconcilation, choose your enterprise service, check if wireless reconcile is on.
    Do the samething for Calendar, Tasks and etc...
    11-25-08 08:19 PM
    Open your messages app, options->Email Reconcilation, choose your enterprise service, check if wireless reconcile is on.
    Do the samething for Calendar, Tasks and etc...
    Interestingly enough my choices were desktop, yahoo and my vzwbb account. I did not see enterprise on the list I wonder if its called desktop? Also no Icon for the enterprise mail. Also im getting an error message saying undocumented error. This is odd. Anyone out there with any answers.

Abigfish
    Last edited by Abigfish3; 11-25-08 at 09:33 PM.
    11-25-08 08:36 PM
    you are correct Desktop is your Enterprise account. You wont see an icon for Enterprise mail it will go to your messages app. Unlisted message error? Never heard of undocumented error. Where are you seeing it?
    are you able to send emails now? Have you had your admin send new service books as suggested above? This would be your first step to resolving your inability to send emails and add calendar entries
    11-25-08 10:14 PM
    thanks I will do just that come monday. I think she set it up wrong on her end.

Abigfish
    11-25-08 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD