Why does Blackberry.com want so much info when you want to download something.. I left my CD with my BB Desktop Software at work and I want to install it on my new Comp I threw Vista Ultimate on and they want all this damn info just to download the software... Why? How much crap info do they have in their database cuz they just got some more
    03-29-09 07:44 PM
    I don't know WHY it does but to be honest with you I have never really given my "real" info.

03-29-09 07:47 PM
    Cuz they want to make sure that they can send you as much spam as they can later on down the road.
    03-29-09 08:10 PM
    I've never gotten spam from blackberry.com.

god..does anyone on this forum post anything that's not ******** or whining?
    03-29-09 08:11 PM

I like beer.
    03-29-09 08:16 PM
    I agree, too many complaints.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 08:22 PM
    I like beer.
    I agree!

Se we can all support each other and be a kinder gentler CB nation
    03-29-09 08:23 PM
    I agree, too many complaints.

The complaints are justified IMHO RIM releases programs so full of bugs and are slow as **** with releases.. The complaints wouldn't be here if things ran smoothly or at least somewhat smooth.. Not saying I hate the company but they produce s**t and then try to mold it into a sculpture sometimes.. :shrug
    03-29-09 08:30 PM
    Nothing is perfection. Too much people expect perfection from RIM. Its just not possible!

03-29-09 08:35 PM
    Nothing is perfection. Too much people expect perfection from RIM. Its just not possible!

I agree. [And not just with RIM just everything!]
    :]
    Why can't we just be happy with what we have ?

Oh man! I think I just hit Addict Status.
    Haha.
    03-29-09 08:38 PM
    I'm not expecting perfection but I was expecting something smoother... I'm sticking with it i like the Storm but I'm surprised they haven't had minor software releases to fix bugs before a major release..

We'll see I'm still debating on upgrading to a beta OS
    03-29-09 08:39 PM
    I like beer.
    Women are nice too

03-29-09 08:49 PM
    i just go down the list and fill it with things like.

sdfgsdfgsdfg
    sdfgsd
    sdfgewrtwert
    sdfgsdhyhkjhghetrh

and so on till i have them all filled out. no big deal.
    03-29-09 09:19 PM
    Women are nice too

Some of them, yes. At least you don't have to yank their power every day just to get them to work
    03-29-09 09:20 PM
    I'm not expecting perfection but I was expecting something smoother... I'm sticking with it i like the Storm but I'm surprised they haven't had minor software releases to fix bugs before a major release..

We'll see I'm still debating on upgrading to a beta OS
    I'm pretty sure that it's not RIM holding up the OS upgrades. As was stated in the other section, RIM is already working on releases in the 4.7.0.18x range. If you want to blame anyone, blame the carriers for not pushing the releases through their approval process faster. Even better, take matters into your own hands and upgrade to a leaked OS. 114v3 is leaps and bounds beyond .75
    03-29-09 09:30 PM
    Haha yeah way too many fields to fill in ... can't we just login or something instead of filling things in.
    03-29-09 09:38 PM
    I like beer.
    I am allergic to beer

03-29-09 09:44 PM
    I agree. [And not just with RIM just everything!]
    :]
    Why can't we just be happy with what we have ?

Oh man! I think I just hit Addict Status.
    Haha.
    Off topic. Congrats on your new status. Also, love the Steve Miller reference in your sig.

Back on topic. I joined(again) BBF and noticed the information request. I'll probably cancel mine. I hardly ever go over there. As far as the complaining- especially those that like to talk sh8t.

I think it's funny how some become online.....

and if you saw them in person.......

03-29-09 10:29 PM
    Off topic. Congrats on your new status. Also, love the Steve Miller reference in your sig.

Back on topic. I joined(again) BBF and noticed the information request. I'll probably cancel mine. I hardly ever go over there. As far as the complaining- especially those that like to talk sh8t.

I think it's funny how some become online.....

and if you saw them in person.......

Thanks! :]

I agree! Some people try to act keyboard tough but when you're in their face they don't have sh*t to say!
    Lol.

I don't know. We should all just be happy with our BBs! and just fix EVERYTHING with battery pulls! Lmao.

Haha yeah way too many fields to fill in ... can't we just login or something instead of filling things in.

I've only done it once. Everytime I have gone back it's automatic filled in!
    I heart my computer! Woot!
    03-29-09 10:39 PM

And speaking of Beer and women...well tequila shots and women...LoL

03-30-09 12:20 AM
    ok, so in reference to the original question, yes they do ask too much information, but you don't have to give it to them, put in anything who cares.

In regards to people ******** too much, yes we do, now stop ******** about it!!

In reference to beer, best damn invention in the history of history,

In reference to women, really close second, gets even closer with the help of beer.

And about the tequila shots and women, as long as you're gone before you sober up, no one will ever know!!!!

did I miss anything??

EDIT: ah yes, I missed the really weird, creepy, he-she thing laying in the tropical nerd haven...um, I really have nothing to say on that apart from...icky.
    03-30-09 12:57 AM
    I'm not sure what your looking to download but if its Desktop Manager with the latest official update for Verizon BlackBerry® Software Updates lets you download it and only wants your Verizon phone number.
    03-30-09 01:01 AM
    i thought we were talkin bout beer and women
    03-30-09 01:18 AM
    Damn..how did we get off topic...can we please get back to Beer, shots, and women...Please...=)
    03-30-09 01:23 AM
    I'm not sure what your looking to download but if its Desktop Manager with the latest official update for Verizon BlackBerry® Software Updates lets you download it and only wants your Verizon phone number.
    Ya I left the Install CD at work so I just downloaded it off blackberry.com
    03-30-09 12:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD