i am sorry in advance if this has been asked or addressed already.

i searched the forums thuroughly and there are too many posts that mention hitting the bb button to actually find anything on this topic.

i have had my storm since the middle of january and aside from the screen click problem (that i fixed by loosening the screws) i havent had too many problems.

yesterday i noticed that my bb buttone doesnt click well anymore. very similar to how the screen wouldnt click well at the bottom. the button always seemed to click great just like the back, call, and end buttons but now it just feels dead. i can still get it to click but it doesnt register 50% of the time.

has anyone run into this? i was thinking about taking the phone appart to see if there was a screw i could loosen just like the screen but i dont want to have to do that. i may just take it in to my verizon store and have it replaced but i really dont want to do that as i assume i will get a storm with a washed out screen color. (i know some people prefer this but i like the deeper color and blacks)

if anyone has any suggestions or a thread they could direct me too it would be appreciated.

thanks in advance guys/gals,

-john
    02-27-09 11:14 AM
    Bumpidy bump bump

Also if I do exchange my phone , are there and hoops I may have to jump through to get it done?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 02:39 PM
    Mine is doing the samething. Half the time just brings up switch app menu gotta click a few times to get menu...post ur findings if u solve the issue its like when I press in it only reg like I'm pressing half way

02-27-09 03:22 PM
    Mine is doing the samething. Half the time just brings up switch app menu gotta click a few times to get menu...post ur findings if u solve the issue its like when I press in it only reg like I'm pressing half way

i think your problem is different than mine actually. i think your is having problems because you have changed the hover period ect. under the screen keyboard option.

my actually button isnt clicking well. similar to how the lower part of the screen might not click well.
    02-27-09 05:52 PM
    Any chance you got a crumb or something under there?
    02-27-09 05:57 PM
    i thought that could be it but after kind of lifting the button just a hair, i could see there was no debris under it.

but it doesnt feel like its pushed up. if feels like its a lot lower than it use to be and very flat. almost as if the tab under the button was worn out.

all i can compare it to is the screen click problem.

i guess i will just take it on into verizon tomorrow.

thanks for your attempts to help though guys!
    02-27-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD