Ive only been up for 3 hours... and I have already used 75% of my battery life... haha only been texting and messaging!

how quickly does everyone else burn through their battery

hard to to put this new toy down
    12-22-08 02:45 PM
    I maybe sent 10 texts, checked about 2 emails and was on the eb for less than 5 minutes this morning. Unplugged from charger at 5:30am this morning and by 11am I was at 50%.
    So far battery life has been my biggest dissapointment.
    12-22-08 02:47 PM
    Takes about 2 days to drain my battery.

Seems like they're a lot of Hokies on here...I'm too lazy to put up a VT avatar.
    12-22-08 02:51 PM
    i get pretty decent battery life. i text all throughout the day, and watch youtube some and get on the web. and i could almost go about 2 days. make sure you guys are closing stuff down. also turn down screen brightness. read that post on saving battery life
    Took off charger at 7AM this morning. Checked email, about 5 minutes of phone calls, and on BES so pushed email, checked Weatherbug. Still at 100% of battery 8 hours later. .83 seemed to improve my battery life as I normally would be down 1 tick on the battery by 4PM.
    Wow, You guys have terrible battery life.
    The night before last, I charged my storm over night. I was on it ALL day. And It just came up saying low battery about 10 minutes ago. So I had about a Day and a couple hours battery life

EDIT: maybe some people also get good battery life.
    12-22-08 02:52 PM
    I unplugged my phone about 7:00am this morning and its 2:48pm. I used listen to music for 30 mins on the train this morning using bluetooth, played a game for about 10 mins, sent 2 text messages, and touched the phone to play with it three time for a min each just for giggles. I keep it in a holster and currently 8 hours later I am at 85 percent!
    12-22-08 02:52 PM
    Good handful of texts, phone call, downloaded an app, received a few emails, been off the charger for about 2.5 hours, 95%.
    12-22-08 02:53 PM
    i bbm all day, check my e-mails go on viigo, etc. etc. and i get two days with auto on/off for the late night (2-7)
    12-22-08 02:53 PM
    Took mine off charger at 7am this morning. Check weather 3 times, recieved 4 and sent 5 texts, read 2 e-mails and cruised thru MSN news page & made 1 phone call (4min) & battery is still @ 98%. I'm finding battery life to be acceptable for the way i use the phone.
    12-22-08 02:55 PM
    I usually burn through half the battery if I am using it all day at work. I charge it every night anyways so I have not seen how long the battery actually lasts before it dies. I am guessing 1 1/2 days of usage from what I have done so far. No idea what the phone is like though when it gets close to the last bar. Some phone last a good while.
    12-22-08 02:55 PM
    if i touch my storm, a bar disappears.

My battery life seriously sucks.
    12-22-08 02:56 PM
    if i touch my storm, a bar disappears.

My battery life seriously sucks.
    I would take it in then if the battery life is bad enough to use that sort of exaggeration.
    12-22-08 02:58 PM
    @ 60% at 4pm. Haven't charged since 5pm yesterday. Moderate usage. (~40 mins of phone calls, intermediate messaging, some browsing)

For the original poster. Make sure to close out excess apps, especially the memory intensive ones like VZ navigator. I also found after letting the battery drain all the way to dead and doing a full charge.. that fixed my battery troubles. I believe with most types of cell phone batteries you need to do that to get the full potential of it. Sorry if that wording sucks, Its been a long day, I'll explain later if nobody else answers beforehand
    12-22-08 03:01 PM
    I've been on 10 hrs. and I am at 75%. Lots of surfing and emailing and 30 minutes of talk time.
    12-22-08 03:02 PM
    I use bbm and text through out the day and on the web alot, maybe 2 or 3 calles about 4min each. I take my phone of the charger around 6:15 am and don't need to plug it in till around 10PM the next day
    12-22-08 03:04 PM
    Hmm, I usually just use the back button to exit a app or browser instead of using BB > close. Thinking this could help??
    12-22-08 03:07 PM
    Hmm, I usually just use the back button to exit a app or browser instead of using BB > close. Thinking this could help??
    It should.
    12-22-08 03:08 PM
    mine lasts for maybe... about a day and a half, and i mostly text and call people. i go on the internet for like 10 min a day maybe..

you have something wrong with the battery. call in verizon and they can send you a new one for free.
    12-22-08 03:09 PM
    Took mine off charger at 7am this morning. Check weather 3 times, recieved 4 and sent 5 texts, read 2 e-mails and cruised thru MSN news page & made 1 phone call (4min) & battery is still @ 98%. I'm finding battery life to be acceptable for the way i use the phone.
    98%? Do you have some sort of app that shows you exact % remaining? Because my Storm seems to go in increments of 5% on the status screen.

My battery life seems to be fairly decent. Yesterday I unplugged my phone at 8:30am went to the seahawks game and took about 15 pictures, 3 two minute videos, 2 phone calls at about 2 minutes each, browsed online for about 15 minutes total, and texted throughout the day (probably 30 texts total).

It only lasted until 830pm but I would consider that to be pretty heavy usage.

On the other hand, I also charged my phone until 1230am and its 1:10pm now ...i've been texting quite a bit this morning and watched a couple vids...I'm currently at 65% for 13 hours....but yeah 9 of those hours had no usage at all haha. ....i guess that isnt such great battery life, but it seems similar to my last phone so I am not mad
    12-22-08 03:13 PM
    I would take it in then if the battery life is bad enough to use that sort of exaggeration.
    yeah maybe i will.. the first bar drops after about an hour.... even if its in my holster the whole time.
    12-22-08 03:16 PM
    I don't know, but im guessing the first batch of storm battery's suck! I replaced mine because my buttons got loose but wow, on the replacement phone, battery is a lot better. Before phone would only last me one day with regular usage (texting, talking, and some web surfing) Now I use the web, watch vids, play music and txt and it lasts me almost two days. Huge improvement.
    12-22-08 03:40 PM
    The battery life on the Storm isn't great at all. I take off the cradle at 6am. Several conversations on the phone with probably a total of 1 hour talk time. Use it to access email at least 3 times a day. Maybe between 10-15 text messages and by 9pm the battery is almost drained. I thought the battery is good for at least 6 hours of talk time? I need and extended battery soon!
    12-22-08 03:54 PM
    how do you close stuff down? do you just press back or END?
    12-22-08 03:58 PM
    I get around 1 day of use but I'm on it constantly...probably 30min of talk time, 200 messages daily, medium internet use, and I use it as a mp3 player in my car (1 hour total) and it lasts me the whole day...

For those that are having severe batt issues, try turning the brightness down a bit, (believe me, even at 10 its still bright)...also make sure your mobile network is set to 1xEV, if you don't, the phone will continue to search for GSM which will drain the batt..I don't use GPS daily, so I turn that off when I'm not using it as well...Bluetooth I leave on, but you could always turn that off too, every little bit helps...maybe some of those things will help.
    12-22-08 04:12 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD