I have read some threads saying to do a battery pull where you pull battery out and put right back in anx I have also seen threads. That say. Keep batt out for 30 second what is the difference

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 01:20 AM
    There's not really much of a difference, IMO and from my experiences. I think the 30 seconds is just to make sure everything sort of "clears."
    05-25-09 01:35 AM
    The 30 seconds is a true soft reset....the pull reinsert does nada
    05-25-09 01:36 AM
    The 30 seconds is a true soft reset....the pull reinsert does nada
    I disagree with this. I've done this quite a few times. App memory jumping back up (for starters) doesn't seem like "nada" to me. However, it is recommended to wait the full 30 seconds. I'm just speaking from my experiences with different BBs.
    05-25-09 01:52 AM
    I disagree with this. I've done this quite a few times. App memory jumping back up (for starters) doesn't seem like "nada" to me. However, it is recommended to wait the full 30 seconds. I'm just speaking from my experiences with different BBs.
    well well well...I guess the Rim rep I asked just LIED....
    05-25-09 01:59 AM
    well well well...I guess the Rim rep I asked just LIED....
    Read my post again. I said that is what is recommended. In MY experiences, pulling it out and putting it right back in (the battery that is) has had the same effect as waiting 30 seconds. Btw, that must've been 50 dollars down the drain right there.
    05-25-09 02:01 AM
    Read my post again. I said that is what is recommended. In MY experiences, pulling it out and putting it right back in (the battery that is) has had the same effect as waiting 30 seconds. Btw, that must've been 50 dollars down the drain right there.
    Reading isn't a problem for me so you can save the little curt reply you just sent all I am saying is what I quoted from a rim rep THIRTY SECONDS no one said it was written in stone that you HAVE to do it I simply said the fast pull doesn't truly perform a SOFT RESET...roll your eyes, neck or whatever & last time I checked uh you are not the only one with experiences oh other than correcting someone...namely ME
    05-25-09 02:05 AM
    Reading isn't a problem for me so you can save the little curt reply you just sent all I am saying is what I quoted from a rim rep THIRTY SECONDS no one said it was written in stone that you HAVE to do it I simply said the fast pull doesn't truly perform a SOFT RESET...roll your eyes, neck or whatever & last time I checked uh you are not the only one with experiences oh other than correcting someone...namely ME
    I'm not going to continue this with you in the forum. With that said, check your PMs.
    05-25-09 02:08 AM
    Well if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen...better yet don't insult people & put rollin your eyes in your reply like a 5 yr old & not expect a retort
    05-25-09 02:11 AM
    maybe it is just me, but I didn't see the insults? I saw a recommendation... which is what we do here... we recommend fixes. Some are right, and some just work. I never wait 30 seconds, I don't have the patience. But you know, I don't always follow the speed limit either. Is it right? nope. Does it work? yep.
    05-25-09 02:59 AM
    maybe it is just me, but I didn't see the insults? I saw a recommendation... which is what we do here... we recommend fixes. Some are right, and some just work. I never wait 30 seconds, I don't have the patience. But you know, I don't always follow the speed limit either. Is it right? nope. Does it work? yep.
    I appreciate this, but let's just drop this whole thing. Venomgirl and I seemed to have worked everything out, and everything seems to be okay now.

Anyways, you and I both have the same reasons for not waiting the full 30 seconds. I'm not very patient either.
    05-25-09 03:07 AM
    You both are right & we have agreed to disagree...I think I was just cranky b/c it's past my bedtime
    05-25-09 03:10 AM
    OK well I will third that. We can all agree on disagreeing... (I don't even think we disagreed, just diff points of view really)... and I feel ya on the bedtime Venom, tomorrow being one of my only days off for a while, and I am working on cars and boats all day... no rest for the wicked. I guess that is a topic for another forum/site though...

man I hate being on here so late... topics die down, I reply to all of them... then just see my name all the way down the thread list... like I am some sort of thread *****
    Last edited by VerizonTechie; 05-25-09 at 03:19 AM.
    05-25-09 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD