Hi;

When doing a battery pull do you lose all settings and changes made to all aspects of the phone?

If so, is there a way to reset them automatically and not go through the whole process again?

Thank you for your help.
    12-07-08 05:04 PM
    You don't lose your settings... Its just like doing a reboot.
    12-07-08 05:09 PM
    Thank you very much.
    12-07-08 06:02 PM
    I would hope the phone would hold its settings. On my other phones, I have had extra batteries that I can swap out when I travel. I assume RIM would assume that people would do this, right?
    12-07-08 06:41 PM
    I would hope the phone would hold its settings. On my other phones, I have had extra batteries that I can swap out when I travel. I assume RIM would assume that people would do this, right?
    you dont loose anything, it wont hurt anything by swapping batteries
    12-07-08 06:51 PM
    why battery pull you ask?

Basically why we do this is because blackberry's don't technically have a OFF mode which would reboot the phone its more like putting a computer in sleep mode its not really rebooting.

So you pull the battery out which forces the phone to go through a real reboot.

There is application's that allow for a actual reboot ie .. softreset and quickpull. Both are free and will reboot the phone without having to pull the battery out. These work if the phone isn't frozen in that case you would need to pull the battery =)
    12-07-08 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD