Why does the phone keep eating my batteries. Fully charged at 7:00 with only a few apps running and by 11:00 she is in the yellow. THis battery was new in December. I have the latest OS. What is the skinney?

Thanks
    01-04-10 12:57 PM
    Under options, go to mobile network and make sure that network technology is set to 1xev instead of global. This really helped my battery usage. This is on Verizon.
    01-04-10 01:21 PM
    Wow, that is lame I must say, I was gonna get this phone... but put off now...
    01-04-10 01:25 PM
    Why does the phone keep eating my batteries. Fully charged at 7:00 with only a few apps running and by 11:00 she is in the yellow. THis battery was new in December. I have the latest OS. What is the skinney?

Thanks
    What apps are you running?
    01-04-10 01:33 PM
    Could it be a Verizon or Rim issue because up until today my battery has been doing great. Today at 5:30am 100% ...right now at 3:30pm I'm at 32% Running Berryweather and e-Mobile Pro along with the typical apps that run all the time. I haven't done anything different today than yesterday and as a matter of fact I used the phone less today.
    01-04-10 02:45 PM
    Could it be a Verizon or Rim issue because up until today my battery has been doing great. Today at 5:30am 100% ...right now at 3:30pm I'm at 32% Running Berryweather and e-Mobile Pro along with the typical apps that run all the time. I haven't done anything different today than yesterday and as a matter of fact I used the phone less today.
    I am running berryweather and Pocket Informant all day, and mine is at 85% after full charge at 6:30 Am today. I have noticed that phone calls can kill my battery faster than anything. My battery came with my first storm 13 months ago, so it just may be getting old. Do you use Meterberry? You can track batter usage with it. That would help you figure this out.
    01-04-10 03:32 PM
    What's your cell reception like? If your in a bad area, your phone spends a great deal of battery power trying to search for signals. It can wipe you out in a few hours. If you've got good reception, then you've either got a bad app installed, or your phones messed up. I've always gotten somewhere between 24 to 48 hours on a charge, using it off and on all day long.
    01-04-10 04:02 PM
    I really didn't use the phone that much today. I do recall sometime ago that I seen the battery drain really bad then the next day it lasted for a day or two before a recharge was needed. I do have MeterBerry but uninstalled it because it was causing a bad memory drain when running it with Berry Weather and e-Mobile.
    01-04-10 04:07 PM
    Same problem here. Been using the Storm since Nov. 08, never had the problem before today. Fully charged at 7 am and completely drained by 2:00. Been sitting on my desk the entire time with no use. No new apps, no new OS (loaded .419 ~2 weeks ago).
    01-04-10 04:16 PM
    Pretty new storm here and I'm getting at least 24 hours on it I'd say with off and on texting/use all day.
    01-04-10 04:17 PM
    I really didn't use the phone that much today. I do recall sometime ago that I seen the battery drain really bad then the next day it lasted for a day or two before a recharge was needed. I do have MeterBerry but uninstalled it because it was causing a bad memory drain when running it with Berry Weather and e-Mobile.
    Same problem here. Been using the Storm since Nov. 08, never had the problem before today. Fully charged at 7 am and completely drained by 2:00. Been sitting on my desk the entire time with no use. No new apps, no new OS (loaded .419 ~2 weeks ago).
    I wonder if you two are in the same area and if its not a VZW issue somehow. SC here and no unusual drain. Also never have had any leaks with Meterberry...
    01-04-10 04:34 PM
    NE Ohio area
    01-04-10 06:05 PM
    I'm in the Ann Arbor Michigan area and never had a battery problem until the last couple of days. Now it drains at 3-4% an hour with minimal usage and no apps running.
    01-04-10 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD