I've searched throughout the forums already and found similar posts but no solutions.

A few weeks ago the battery on my Storm was great, it would rarely die. Recently, out of nowhere it seems as if the battery just dies real quick, i wont even touch the phone and the battery will then drop massively. I have only the core applications running in the backround and ubertwitter, but that never caused it to go down. the only thing I can think of is my battery may possibly be bad, but I'm not sure if there's any other reasons? Is it possible that having too many applications on the phone although not running drains the battery? and also does patternlock kill the battery a lot?
    05-26-09 12:48 AM
    or your hardware is bad...are you using the charger that came with the phone? or the USB cable?

i'd say call C/S and discuss it with them, they'll exchange the battery and all the chargers, might ask you to go to a store to confirm no damage to the device, etc...

and apps like weathebug, I.M. apps and facebook, etc...they're running in the background, they're just not in your open apps screen. they update periodically (data connection) and that could suck your battery, or bluetooth, things like that...
    05-26-09 01:09 AM
    Is your GPS running? Maybe you were unaware it was, but that will really kill your juice
    05-26-09 02:36 AM
    Is your GPS running? Maybe you were unaware it was, but that will really kill your juice
    You need an app to access the GPS. Gps is a hardware, so having 'location on' isn't enough to drain your battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:38 AM
    thanks a lot guys, i use the charger that came with the blackberry, so i guess it could possibly be a hardware issue? hmm if it continues for a few more days I will call C/S
    05-26-09 02:36 PM
    you could also remove all your 3rd party apps and see how your battery life stands. If your battery is still draining, then its definately hardware
    05-26-09 02:39 PM
    Check to see if bluetooth is enabled. It kills my battery if left on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:55 PM
    could my 3rd party apps be the reason why its happening? even though they're not open? hmm that could possibly be it if so because i have a lot of 3rd parties apps and like 4 themes. but i know the theme is leaking my battery since it was going fine, until recently
    05-26-09 06:08 PM
    could my 3rd party apps be the reason why its happening? even though they're not open? hmm that could possibly be it if so because i have a lot of 3rd parties apps and like 4 themes. but i know the theme is leaking my battery since it was going fine, until recently
    the easy way to figure out is to delete them and see if it still happens.
    05-26-09 06:50 PM

this is how my battery goes after very light usage at work, with only ubertwitter open updating every hour. my battery was never this horrible :/.
    05-27-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD