BB OSs are weird. They effect all their phones differently. All builds of 5.0 that I've used have been horrible on my battery life (as well as in general on my Storm). On 4.7 I always lasted the entire day, on 5.0 I never made an entire day.

Everytime I use a 5.0 build, I go running back to 4.7.0.167 and the phone works fine again.
    12-16-09 03:50 PM
    I go running back to 4.7.0.167 and the phone works fine again.
    Thanks. Where did you get .167?
    12-16-09 03:56 PM
    So I took the plunge (with mucho trepidation, I must add) and upgraded from .151 to 5.0.0.328.

WHY didn't I do this sooner? It is an awesome O/S, so much nicer than 4.x! No problems during upgrade except for QuickPull, but all I did was uninstall it and reinstall and it's fine. Also, had to redownload and install Vlingo Plus (4.1 is the only one certified to work on 5.0 [builds 235 and higher only]), and reconfigure almost everything on the phone, including all apps. All in all it was painless, and I have noticed better battery life already. Phone is snappier in general, and the new features of the O/S, even though they're not earth-shattering, are worth the trouble.

So anyone reading this thread who is wondering about this, I'd strongly recommend the upgrade. It has made me love the Storm all over again! I still think it's a great phone, regardless of what others say/think.
    12-18-09 07:25 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD