I received this phone on monday and all's been well so far except one thing, the battery life is terrible. I figured up until now It's been bad because I've been using it non-stop but I fell asleep with it at full battery last night and I woke up with it at half battery. No apps are running nor is bluetooth to my knowledge so why is the battery dying so fast? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
    Dave
    05-02-09 01:19 PM
    well we have all been here.lol are you sure that you are not running any apps (keep in mind that you have to close out the app on the storm or it will just keep running in the background, you can check which apps are active by holding the BB button for a moment), also what OS are you running? this can change how much life you can expect out of your batt.
    05-02-09 01:36 PM
    I'm running whatever came in the box, and the only apps running are the home screen, phone, messages, BB Messenger (which stays up even when i go in and press close), Browser (same as BB Messenger), and App Center (Same as BB Messenger).
    Last edited by BoardRider53; 05-02-09 at 01:51 PM.
    05-02-09 01:47 PM
    huh, i don't remember batt life being an issue for me anyway on the .75 but my guess would be the OS I have been through a few of them. (i remember one the batt could be full when i go to work, not use at all and be dead by the time i leave. i work 12s but still) right now i am using .141 the latest one we have access to. i have had no problems at all with the batt life on this OS. Don't know if changing your OS is something you are interested in doing, not everyone does. but if you are take a look in the OS discussion forums they are full of information on things like this.
    05-02-09 02:02 PM
    huh, i don't remember batt life being an issue for me anyway on the .75
    I am also still using .75, and I don't have any battery life issues. I use my phone pretty heavily throughout the day (lots of messages, email, Facebook use, some web browsing, etc.) and I am never down to 50% by the end of the day.

I also forgot to plug my phone in one night about a week ago, and I didn't lose that much battery power.
    05-02-09 02:07 PM
    I had this issue when I first got my Storm. I saw a recommendation on here to charge overnight all night for the first week or so, and after that week my battery life was up to normal for the Storm.
    05-02-09 02:09 PM
    Definately check to see if any apps are running. I left Where open by mistake and.... lost a good 30% of power in a couple hours.
    05-02-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD