Anyone have tips to battery conservation or an alternate battery. I took the phone off the charger an hour ago. I checked my voicemail, twitterberry, and posted here on the forums. My battery is only 75%. Compared to my old Treo, that's not good. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 09:41 AM
    Which OS are you running.

Did you leave any 3rd party apps open in the background that can drain the batterylife (AIM, GPS program etc.)
    02-13-09 09:47 AM
    02-13-09 09:50 AM
    That has nothing to do with his battery losing 25% of life in an hour.
    02-13-09 09:53 AM
    That has nothing to do with his battery losing 25% of life in an hour.
    i was just saying get this n it wont happen ne more... did i post this for...mudvayne no i think i didn't carry on
    02-13-09 10:23 AM
    Being that it is probably a software issue his extended battery will still drain faster than normal. So please carry on.
    02-13-09 10:38 AM
    Everyone carry on.....stop fighting.
    02-13-09 12:41 PM
    The only app that stays open in the background is Twitterberry. I make sure to select 'close' when exiting every other application. I barely use the phone for phone calls; mainly email and twitter. I'm just concerned that when I need it, it'll he dead. Is it possible I have a bad battery?

02-13-09 01:37 PM
    The only app that stays open in the background is Twitterberry. I make sure to select 'close' when exiting every other application. I barely use the phone for phone calls; mainly email and twitter. I'm just concerned that when I need it, it'll he dead. Is it possible I have a bad battery?

Could be but I've had some strange experiences with my own battery, including draining over a workday then lasting longer then a weekend on one charge. For the most part its somewhere in between, but at a very acceptable level.

Before doing anything drastic I'd drain the thing and then charge it for a loong period of time (8-10hrs+) and then see what type of results you get.

My own experience it worked out ok. If it doesnt, enact the 'bad battery' contingency.

EDIT: If this isn't a new phone (ergo new battery) then my 2 cents are fairly useless.
    02-13-09 02:21 PM
    I purchased a Seido cradle (BB9500AS) and it helped to increase my battery life tremendously. I assume this is due to the fact that when I put the phone in the cradle it turns the screen off. I use the phone quite a bit for text/email/music and i can go 2 days without a charge. Before i used the cradle it would get half a day.
    02-13-09 02:35 PM
    Aslong as you dont have multiple programs running and your lock on, and screen brightness set lower it should help your batt life
    02-13-09 02:40 PM
    I have the same problem. I have a curve I just bought in december. When I first bought it, it used to last over a day without a problem. Now it gets down to 20% by the end of they. All I really do with it is text message people. Im not sure what to do or why.

I took it out of the charger at 9:45am, it is now 12:50pm and its at 75%. I've sent 4 texts and no phone calls. Any suggestions?
    02-13-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD