I have the storm and love it but it seems the battery life doesn't last as long as my bold?? I can usually go at least two days without charging my bold and still have good battery life. The storm I have to charge it everyday or else I can't use it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 10:43 AM
    my battery life is about half a day with very ordinary use?? is this normal?
    12-13-08 10:51 AM
    Check your running apps. Numerous people, myself included, have noticed that Weatherbug seems to be a major offender when it comes to poor performance both in an overall sense and in terms of battery life. There are likely others as well.

Part of it will also be that the Storm has a bigger display than the Bold, so that requires more battery power. A 1400mAh battery was probably a bit on the small side for including in a phone like the Storm. My old LG Dare, which was just a feature phone, came with an 1100mAh battery and it doesn't do even a quarter of the things the Storm can.

Also, you can turn down the screen backlighting. I put mine at 50%, and it's still plenty bright for me, but play with the settings and see what works for you. There's a bug in the OS that causes the Storm to reset the backlight setting when you switch between landscape and portrait mode, so set the automatically dim backlight to off. You might also consider lowering the amount of time before the backlight turns off.
    Last edited by bigman2; 12-13-08 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Added bits about backlighting
    12-13-08 10:53 AM
    I didn't think that. Also I haven't done any download yet to the storm since I got monday and mostly everything is on my bold lol

12-13-08 10:59 AM
    i close apps when not using them, i have no problem going all day with 50% left at the end, 1 hr talk and a lot of www/email
    12-13-08 11:09 AM
    Yeah battert life could use a improvement. I'm not a fan of Seidio but, that slim extended battery will be sweet. I will have to turn of weatherbug though. Didn't realize it drained the battery.

12-13-08 11:24 AM
    I charge my phone yesterday morning and it was great but i didnt charge it last night. It completely die on me, i dont understand how it did?? i dont use alot of program on the phone. I am going to call verizon
    12-14-08 07:19 AM
    I am amazed Witt my battery life. It improved dramatically when I switched the signal off of global to 1xev. A must.

12-14-08 07:28 AM
    I had a similar problem, Curve was shutting down during a call, and hourglass would show up after pulling battery or plugging into a power source. T-Mobile provided a replacement phone (front part only, used existing battery and back cover). Problem remained. Tried a replacement battery and the phone is back to normal and working great.
    12-14-08 08:12 AM
    I was going through a battery in less than a day with normal use as well, and like someone else suggested in another thread I turned wireless mode to 1XEV only, turned all the backlight settings to their lowest settings (you get very used to a dimmer display) and turned GPS to 911 only. I now can go 2 days before chargings.
    12-14-08 08:37 AM
    Changing GPS settings had no impact whatsoever in my battery life. I am sure the biggest impact for me so far was to reduce back light to 30%. It's pretty easy to get used to the new setting and it will help batt life
    12-14-08 08:56 AM
    By the way, my batt life is usually around 50% after 16 hours. During the day I probably have an hours or so of actual phone calls, an hour of surfing, lots of emails/texting and watch a trailer or two....and other misc stuff.
    12-14-08 08:59 AM
    I to found that setting gps to 911 only. i deleated several apps that had auto update like viigo and weather apps. after a work day with some calls email and some light surfing i had 85% on the battery. I set it to 1x only as well.
    if you want to play you are going to pay (or plug in)

12-14-08 09:17 AM
    Well, this is the first time I've been able to do this.........but..........with light use yesterday (it's a weekend, so less usage), I went to bed with 85% battery left. Woke up this morning to 80%. I'd say that's pretty darn good. On an average day with moderate to heavy usage, I'm usually around 50%. I normally take the phone off the charger at 6:30AM and put it back on at around 11:30PM.
    12-14-08 09:18 AM
    I read in another thread, that if you have a 1380 mAh battery that Verizon will give you a 1400 mAh batter because it was supposed to come with the 1400 battery? Has anyone heard of this or tried it?
    12-14-08 03:55 PM
    I still have battery issues. I am not a power user by any means. I do some text messaging, a little surfing, playing word mole and maybe 30 min a day phone calls. I still run out of battery life at the end of the day. I just now deleted weatherbug because I noticed with the latest version it was constantly reading "updating" and my home area service is not so great so I think that was pulling alot of my battery. I work in an area with plenty of towers around but live in a rural spot so I think that could have a detrimental effect with the weatherbug always searching to find an update.
    I did change my settings from global to 1xev and reduced my back light. Check constantly to see if anything is amiss in the background.
    I wish weatherbug would alter their program so that it can just be shut off when I am home and enabled when I go to work. I didn't find that setting. I hated to delete it but i hate worse to be without a battery. (car charger hasn't arrived yet)
    And since I was flamed on my last thread where I mentioned battery life let me just say this... I dont have any problem charging every night. I do it every night as a habit. I just hate getting to work for a 12 hr shift and then my batt goes down to near nothing and I still have an hour drive to get home.
    12-14-08 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD