Hello all,

I have had My awesome Storm for a few weeks and need a little help preserving the battery. I seem to have to charge it every nite, getting about 12hours of life. I dont use the phone every minute or excessively. Can anyone give me a few tips on getting more life out of it? Shutting down gps or other apps that are not in daily use?

Thanks all.
    05-21-09 10:36 AM
    05-21-09 10:40 AM
    make sure you are not in gps mode if you don't use it, and change the network from global to 1xEV if its not already
    05-21-09 11:17 AM
    Depending on what OS your on, an update to one of the beta's can help. Some of them (like .90, .132 and .148) are known to have better radio modules. That means your phone gets a better signal and spends less battery life searching for signals. The post above mine suggested changing you network setting to 1XEV. That can be a big help. If you haven't don that before, go to options>mobile network> and change the Network Technology from Global to 1XEV. You usually have to re-set that after any OS upgrade as well. If your interested in looking at upgrading your OS, read through this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/

It's not as intimidating as it might seem and WELL worth the time. Your phone will be dramatically improved.

Grey
    05-21-09 12:46 PM
    also make sure you dont have a lot of apps running in the backround...hold down the BB button for a sec or two and the change app menu will show up should only be 4 or 5 in there when youre not really using anything...when youre done with a program hold the Back key for a sec or two and it will exit rather than just hitting the end key which only takes you back to the home screen and keeps the app running
    05-21-09 12:54 PM
    It is also unreasonable to expect your do everything device to not need charging on a regular basis. 12 hours is quite short though.

I can usually use mine for about 12 hours, including watching a full movie and surfing net, playing tower defense for about 45 minutes, 50 emails and texts etc. after all that I usually still have 35-50% battery depending on the day. If you go in and tell your service provider, they should give you a warranty battery if the life is too short on the one you have...sometimes it truly is just a bad battery. Also make sure you're using a RIM charger, not a cheap after market thing.
    05-21-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD