I've had my Storm for about a month now, and have had sporadic issues with the battery not charging or actually draining while plugged in. If I do a battery pull, charging resumes just fine. Anyone else with a similar problem?
    01-21-09 05:22 AM
    I am not having any battery issues but as you read the threads it seems a number of other people are???
    01-21-09 05:59 AM
    The problem is either your battery, your charger, or the connection. If it's not charging or is draining when plugged in it's more than likely the battery or the charger - both of which Verizon will replace if it's defective. I would call them first to confirm.
    01-21-09 08:12 AM
    I just started having this issue yesterday. I left my charger at a friend's house and have been using the USB-PC charger for about 16 hours. It appeared to charge about 5% and now the phone does not turn on even when plugged into the USB (the red light comes on, though and the PC recognizes the phone).

I'll see what happens when I get my original charger back, but I'm guessing it's a battery issue.

Needless to say, it's kind of a pain not to have a working phone, especially one that is only a month old.
    Last edited by mdude85; 01-21-09 at 08:24 AM.
    01-21-09 08:15 AM
    Could be. I've heard that you get more of a "True" charge from the computer but really it's going to take longer. There's more power going to your phone from your wall charger and the device ALWAYS runs off of the battery - even when plugged in. If there's not enough battery to power it then it will shut off. IF you're using power faster than the computer can charge it - that's what's happening.
    01-21-09 08:22 AM
    I've eliminated reverse polarity as being an issue and also ruled out the charger. It appears as though its the battery. My Verizon Rep said she would replace the battery for me if I continued to have the problem. I'm having to do battery pulls every two days now.
    01-21-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD