Okay, i know that there has been a lot of issues with the battery's on the storms, but this only started happening when i installed .99 on the phone. Anybody else seem to have this problem? I had mine charging all night, unplugged it at about 7:30. by 8:30 there was already 1 bar missing and all I did was make one phone call. the screen was dimmed and everything.
    Ideas??
    02-03-09 08:05 AM
    Anything you have running in the BG?

3rd party apps installed.?
    02-03-09 08:09 AM
    I had weather bug installed and i was losing power quick. Uninstalled weather bug app and seems to be alot better.
    02-03-09 08:12 AM
    i had some weird hardware issue with the sleep function in the holster.. when the phone was holstered i ran thru a battery in less than 3 hrs... when out of holster, 24-48 hours...

hardware issue = new bb in the mail
    02-03-09 08:13 AM
    i had some weird hardware issue with the sleep function in the holster.. when the phone was holstered i ran thru a battery in less than 3 hrs... when out of holster, 24-48 hours...

hardware issue = new bb in the mail
    WOW thats odd. Well i do have weatherbug, google maps, i just deleted talk lock because it bothers me a lot!, and i have one called quickpull. The only one that really is important for me is the weather app. Any ideas of which one is best to use? and do you find that for allot of applications, the touch features are all wacky? to click on the button you want, you need to place your finger in random places on the screen to actually select a particular button
    02-03-09 08:18 AM
    This might sound weird but you could try reloading .99 again. The first time I installed .90 my battery wouldn't last 5 hours. After a reinstall everything was back to normal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 08:37 AM
    Happened to me. I believe I pinpointed the culprit.

When I first installed .99 I opened up Weatherbug to tell it to locate my location via GPS. It was having trouble finding satellites and taking longer than usual. I just let it run in the background and went to sleep, on a fully charged battery.

Woke up the next morning and it was at 15% battery. I did a soft reset and charged my phone. Weatherbug located the satellites and my location just fine after that and now my battery life is nice. Haven't charged in about 20 hours and after talking on the phone, surfing the web, watching some videos and trailers, and BBM'ing, I'm at 76% battery and 31.46 MB of memory free.
    02-03-09 09:01 AM
    Im having an issue at the moment where my Blackberry will drain in my holster in 12 hours or so as well, not touching it at all. WHen the phone sits outside by it's lonesome, it sits pretty for ages without draining. I dont know what the go is there, but I've tried battery pulls and wiping with JL Cmder/reloading the OS(which eventually fixed my ap523 error) and nothing so has worked so far.

Would be nice to think kthat there's an easy fix! Besides the End Call button nearly falling off, this phone has the best click ever.

New BB for me
    02-04-09 11:54 PM
    OK, I have to ask because everyone stating some of these issues keep saying that it drains while it's in the holster. What holster specifically? Is it a Blackberry one? Because if it's not, chances are good it doesn't have magnets to set the phone in standby when you put it in. Just a thought.
    02-05-09 12:00 AM
    I've had mine for 48 hours, and i really had a problem with the battery lasting. One of the things i found that works really well is cutting the backlight down to 50. I know it sounds bad but trust me a few minutes and you won't even notice it if you do at all. I also cut the backlight timer down to 20 secs.
    02-05-09 12:37 AM
    My battery is horrible as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 12:55 AM
    if you're running weatherbug, delete it. i removed it and my storm's battery life is fantastic now. it doesn't drain to 50% in 2.5 hours. i haven't re-installed it.
    02-05-09 03:24 AM
    I agree with X.armitage.....turn battery light down from 100% to 50%. I actually run mine at 30% and dimmer set to 20 seconds and the phone all day and into the night with heavy usage. I know cutting the brightness might sound extreme to some but you do get use to it pretty fast.

I'm currently running .100 and everything is running sweet.....but the camera still need sorting out. It seems to click 2 seconds after the photo has been taken.
    02-05-09 07:03 AM
    Also had the same problem, went away after removing weather bug.
    02-05-09 08:23 AM
    the issue was with a seidio storm holster, end result of that was bad hardware on the storm.. Verizon sent my new storm, and now im getting great results!
    02-05-09 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD