Oddly enough, it seems like I lose the most battery life when I'm using the Storm to make calls. I just had a 10-min call and it went from 95 to 85%. Yesterday I was using the music player, signed into Gchat/AIM, browsing, and using GoogleMaps and it didn't even drain that quickly.

Also, it seems like the percentage drops faster when it's high (75ish-100), then kind of drops slower in the mid-range (25-75). Mine drops from 100 to 95 pretty quickly in the morning. Yesterday it stayed at 50 for quite a while. Has anyone else noticed either of these things?

I'm sure being in NY doesn't help, since I have to go in and out of subways where I lose reception as well.
    12-03-08 12:31 PM
    Data uses the radio intermittently; a voice call turns the radio on and leaves it on for the entire call. For any phone/PDA, voice is going to be the single most battery-intensive activity.
    12-03-08 12:40 PM
    And everytime you lose signal it has to search which hits the battery as well
    12-03-08 12:43 PM
    Did you use bluetooth for the call? It seems to me if you just make the call without bluetooth, the screen will be on for the entire duration, and that drains up the battery fast. If you use bluetooth, the entire screen will be turned off, and this seems to help the battery life.
    12-03-08 01:09 PM
    Data uses the radio intermittently; a voice call turns the radio on and leaves it on for the entire call. For any phone/PDA, voice is going to be the single most battery-intensive activity.
    ah, that makes sense. still surprised it dropped so fast though.
    12-03-08 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD