ok so my blackberry battery is draining super fast it I unplugged it at 10 o'clock this morn. I haven't used it all day and when i got off work at 10 it was dead. I have the iBerry app downloaded but i am not using this because i thought that might be it. but it is still happening it has just started and the only things i have since it started is, i have downloaded beyond 160, i downloaded iBerry (but as i said u stopped using it because i thought that would have been the issue). I have also downloaded the new app store for crackberry or mobihand (whichever u prefer) and ya....thats it. Someone please help me! i need to know if i need to know if i am getting a new battery.
    06-07-09 11:07 PM
    what do you have you network settings set to. Global, GSM, Or 1XEV
    06-07-09 11:42 PM
    You are probably leaving apps open

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 11:47 PM
    ok so my blackberry battery is draining super fast it I unplugged it at 10 o'clock this morn. I haven't used it all day and when i got off work at 10 it was dead. I have the iBerry app downloaded but i am not using this because i thought that might be it. but it is still happening it has just started and the only things i have since it started is, i have downloaded beyond 160, i downloaded iBerry (but as i said u stopped using it because i thought that would have been the issue). I have also downloaded the new app store for crackberry or mobihand (whichever u prefer) and ya....thats it. Someone please help me! i need to know if i need to know if i am getting a new battery.
    Its a device problem. You must go back for replace. I had the same problem and I go back to vodafone for a new device
    06-08-09 03:27 AM
    ok well, i am not leaving apps open. and i have my network set to 1xEV
    06-08-09 07:57 AM
    Meh I had the same thing happen to me. Battery sucked dry from full in 8 hours with no apps open (that I know off anyway) and with no use of the phone at all.

Uninstalled some apps I used before, pulled the battery and I'm charging again. Will see what happens.
    06-08-09 08:54 AM
    Meh I had the same thing happen to me. Battery sucked dry from full in 8 hours with no apps open (that I know off anyway) and with no use of the phone at all.

Uninstalled some apps I used before, pulled the battery and I'm charging again. Will see what happens.
    Well, take it back then.
    06-08-09 04:46 PM
    I had an issue with the Storm battery draining after I installed the applicton from CB software directory. I deleted it and now I get a full days service out of the charge. Much better since I did the upgrade.
    06-08-09 06:09 PM
    Are you oin an area where you have good coverage? A bad signal will wipe out your battery pretty quick.

I would do a 3rd party backup, then delete all apps you have added to the phone. Then do a final battery pull and put it on the charger for the night. See how it does the next morning. If it's dead in 12 hours, go to Verizon and get a new battery. They probably will replace it for free.

Grey
    06-08-09 07:03 PM
    Verizon doesn't cover batteries. I tried many times to get a new one from them and they wouldn't replace it. I did however buy a new battery for $2.50 from amazon or overstock. I paid more for the shipping than the battery. And yes it works great!
    06-08-09 08:39 PM
    Have you changed your backlight settings? Brightness or timeout? I keep mine at 100% brightness, auto dim. I used to have the timeout set to 1 minute, reduced it to 20 secs and added nearly 30% life to the battery length.
    06-08-09 09:14 PM
    Verizon doesn't cover batteries. I tried many times to get a new one from them and they wouldn't replace it. I did however buy a new battery for $2.50 from amazon or overstock. I paid more for the shipping than the battery. And yes it works great!
    Maybe I just lucked into the right person, but my first Storm battery quit taking a charge after about a month. I went in, told them about it and they had a new one sent to me...no charge. I would suspect that you're right regarding there general policy.

Grey
    06-08-09 09:44 PM
    yeah it is luck of the draw at Verizon.
    06-09-09 12:20 PM
    Its a device problem. You must go back for replace. I had the same problem and I go back to vodafone for a new device
    Yeah, because we know the devices are always bad when this happens and that the battery is never the culprit and doesn't need replacing sometimes.
    06-09-09 01:17 PM
    What does changing your network to 1EV do?
    06-09-09 01:26 PM
    I HAD MY STORM 6 MONTHS AND THEY GAVE ME A NEW BATTERY THEY CHECKED IT AND REPLACED IT
    07-15-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD