I plugged my storm to the wall charger. It charged 7 hours, the phone went from 15 to 20 percent. I took out and put in charger, did not work. I did a battery pull and it charged just fine. IS this normal? Is this hardware, software, or the os, which is 75. Thanks for any help or solutions.
    04-24-09 06:30 AM
    update, after i pulled the battery, i got a complete charge in 3 hours. Anyone know where or what the problem is?
    04-24-09 07:05 AM
    mine did the same the other day......just did a battery pull and all was ok.....dunno why it sis it tho, think it was after i did a software upgrade!!
    04-24-09 08:03 AM
    Anybody else have this problem. Is phone fine or should I return it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:06 AM
    i would imagine the phone is okay. i would recommend updating the os to a newer one. don't take my word for it but that could be a software issue. so rather than it being that your battery isn't charging, its just that the indicator isn't accurately tracking how much it is charging. because if the phone is plugged in, your battery should charge. unless its a faulty battery, in which case, it wouldn't have charged after a battery pull. batteries don't fluctuate in their faultiness. at least i don't think they do.
    04-24-09 09:10 AM
    Yeah true. They either work... or they dont lol
    04-24-09 09:52 AM
    So we think its an Os error. And the actual phone is fine.

04-24-09 10:00 AM
    That happened to be with my first storm. It only happened once though, and all I did to fix it was to pull the battery, put it back in, made sure it was secured, and it worked fine.
    04-24-09 10:34 AM
    Thank you. Was this the reason you returned the first phone

04-24-09 10:39 AM
    I had this problem with the one I got... And when I left on charger after fully charged it started draining battery. But if I unplugged charger and hooked back up, it started charging again. I have no idea why it is, and I guess nobody knows for sure...lol leave it on after fully charged and see if it starts draining your battery. I left mine on overnite, and it was DEAD in morning! Like I said, I inhooked charger, hooked back up, and it started charging again fine. WIERD!

04-24-09 10:58 AM
    anybody else have this problem, or know how to fix this issue?
    04-24-09 05:12 PM
    Bump last time anyone else have this problem

04-24-09 07:29 PM
    I have the same problem happend to me after I intaled .132? just wondering if you guys start noticing this after the up gread.
    04-27-09 04:05 PM
    Anybody else have this problem. Is phone fine or should I return it

Here is what I found : I have two batteries, the original that came with the phone and a spare I bought with the OEM charger. My original would periodically not charge. For a month, I used the spare, charging every night by plugging the phone into the wall charger. With the spare, I had a 100% success rate. The second day after switching back to the original, I had a failure! I am suspecting the problem is with individual batteries, not the device or software.

04-27-09 04:37 PM
    I just had this happen to me on Sunday, the bad thing, was the battery as super hot, 109+ degrees.
    04-27-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD