I was told that a weak signal will drain the battery. Dont know if this is true or not but I have terrible service at my house and my battery doesnt last a whole day when I am home.
    02-20-09 08:17 PM
    I was told that a weak signal will drain the battery. Dont know if this is true or not but I have terrible service at my house and my battery doesnt last a whole day when I am home.
    Always drained my dumb phone's battery.
    02-20-09 08:25 PM
    Sometimes I get better battery performance after giving it some really long charges (16 hours). Really you are supposed to give it a couple of charges like that when you first get the phone. Don't stop charging it just because the LED goes solid - keep charging it past 'full'.

...I think you need to charge yours past '100%' and otherwise its not all that unusual for it to only last a day...
    wtf I thought battery chargers stopped charging after the battery reached its fully-charged point. otherwise wouldn't the battery just burn up if the charger is left on for hours after its full?

or are bb's different?
    02-20-09 08:29 PM
    Im on my 3rd phone and this battery wouldnt last the day until today.. Now as im posting this, i have still over 50% and yes i am using it the same.

As of last night, I decided to let the baby drain. I kept using it till it finally shut off the radio and came up with the message it must shut down. It gave me two options and I choose the full shut down. I plugged the phone in and left it till 6:00am this morning. Total charge time around 8 hours.. Now almost 16 hours on and i still have slightly over 50% available..
    02-20-09 08:46 PM
    wtf I thought battery chargers stopped charging after the battery reached its fully-charged point.
    It does, feel it. I just swapped mine out w/ VZW since it's still within the return period. It had a few other issues too and this way I can be sure it's just the burn in effect.
    02-20-09 11:54 PM
    Well before my usage I was at 45% then with an hour of constant browser usage along with switching back and forth to bbm for chatting I have 30% now. Not sure where that would range but to me it looks pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 12:41 AM
    I just want to know if anyone's battery lasts more than a day with normal use. I'm on my second storm because of the battery and i still can't get a day maybe a day and a half out of it. I mean i don't use it anymore than i did 8830, but i don't expect my storm to last the 3 days my 8830 did. But i would like for it to get me through work the next day if i forgot to charge it the night before.
    02-21-09 12:44 AM
    Welcome to the world of Smartphones! I was lucky in the WinMo world to be able to go a whopping 8 hours without having to recharge. With the Storm my days often run to 12-16 hours and I almost always have bluetooth enabled and receive about 500 email/day via BES. The first thing I did was set the screen to 10% brightness and the second was to purchase the Seidio Slim Extended battery, and the third was to purchase a Seidio holder that puts the BB to sleep. At the end of an 18 hour day, I am now at about 30% battery
    02-21-09 03:52 PM
    Charge it every night, don't worry, be happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 04:00 PM
    My battery only last about 6-8 hours, I've had it for 4 days & of course it never catches a break, but this is my 1st BB and I expected more out of its battery charge. Does any1 think that a charge with the phone off the whole time gives the battery more of a thorough charge than if the phone was being used the whole time it was being charged?
    01-16-10 05:23 PM
    Mine has been totally draining by 2-3PM most days, and thats with moderate use. Funny thing tho, I upgraded to .419 this week and yesterday I used the phone quite a bit throughout the day yesterday and last night it still had 2 bars when I went to bed about 2 AM in the morning. This is the first time I've ever seen that out of this phone. I have to watch it for a week or so to see if the software update really did help with the battery. The one difference is I don't have Google maps loaded on the phone.
    01-17-10 10:31 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD