While I was at work today I tried to put my phone to charge in my car, I check on it 1 hour later and its extremely HOT. After I unplugged it, it hadn't charged one bit. I tried to plug it back in and it recognized being plugged in but won't charge.. Any suggestions??
    04-13-09 04:33 PM
    Did you shut your phone down when you were charging it or were apps still running?

If so, which apps...Weatherbug??

Also...Take a look at the small target symbol that is below your signal strength bar. If you see a searching signal coming from it, then that is what's causing the draining and heating of your battery.

To turn off the searching signal, just click on
    OPTIONS>MOBILE NETWORKS and then on NETWORK TECHNOLOGY
    Make sure it is set to 1XEV
    and that will help reduce your battery drain dramatically.
    04-13-09 04:56 PM
    I had the same problem... took out the battery for about 10 seconds then put it back in. Then charged it. It worked after that.
    04-13-09 05:01 PM
    Ditto: Had the same problem...took out the battery (did a battery pull), let it cool off for 10 minutes...then re-inserted and booted up...back on the cradle...and it charged up fine.

Definately change your network to 1XEV...it really does make a difference.
    04-13-09 05:08 PM
    Thanks for the help. I had my network settings under global, so I changed it & also did a battery pull let it cool off and now its charging again.
    04-13-09 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD