All,

The company I work for has a division that does fulfillment for VZ Wireless. I've been asking around for weeks to be notified when they receive the Storms. I was told today that we have received some shipments and they are on hold for release to the stores.

I don't work for this department, nor am I in the same building so I don't have pics, etc. Just some info to reassure everyone that it looks as though it is definately coming soon. I can't wait.
    11-10-08 02:27 PM
    So, is the dock included or what? Out with it, man!
    11-10-08 02:37 PM
    Well we knew it was coming the question is...

WHEN?
    11-10-08 02:39 PM

I don't think it's all that much of a mystery, especially when the VZW Storm page makes no mention of it...

So I'd bet on no. And even if it was up in the air, the OP obviously can't walk into the warehouse and start tearing open cases to find out.
    11-10-08 02:40 PM
    @constabl - Is your company a Value Added fulfillment center? As in, do you all flash the phones with the newest code?
    11-10-08 02:43 PM
    I don't think it's all that much of a mystery, especially when the VZW Storm page makes no mention of it...

So I'd bet on no. And even if it was up in the air, the OP obviously can't walk into the warehouse and start tearing open cases to find out.
    Of course he can. As far as I'm concerned, satiating the demands of the Crackberry horde is far more beneficial then these "jobs" and "careers" you people seem to cling onto so much. :P
    11-10-08 02:44 PM
    Of course he can. As far as I'm concerned, satiating the demands of the Crackberry horde is far more beneficial then these "jobs" and "careers" you people seem to cling onto so much. :P
    ROFL!!! Now there's a man with his priorities in order!!
    11-10-08 02:52 PM
    One of the top comments I've read here :P
    A job comes in quite handy though, if you plan on buying a multiple $100 device with a nice monthly plan bound to it
    11-10-08 03:02 PM
    ROFLMAO!!! This is hilarious!!!!
    11-10-08 03:05 PM
    One of the top comments I've read here :P
    A job comes in quite handy though, if you plan on buying a multiple $100 device with a nice monthly plan bound to it
    bah. crackberry nation will take up a paypal donation campaign!
    11-10-08 03:06 PM
    Thank you for my new Sig!
    11-10-08 03:06 PM
    bah. crackberry nation will take up a paypal donation campaign!
    That sounds great!!
    If you could start with a donation to [email protected] thanks man!!
    11-10-08 03:11 PM
    staying in line with the "the ball is rolling" I just got off the phone with VZW, (didn't ask about the release date, dont care I won one) the rep said starting tomorrow all PDA's and such will require a minimum $30 plan attached to the phones.
    of course if you are in a plan already you stay with it, but if you buy the storm or anything else for that matter they are going to up it some.
    base rate for one line is $89 for BB/internet/450 min, and 99 for same but includes unlmtd text
    11-10-08 03:29 PM
    staying in line with the "the ball is rolling" I just got off the phone with VZW, (didn't ask about the release date, dont care I won one) the rep said starting tomorrow all PDA's and such will require a minimum $30 plan attached to the phones.
    of course if you are in a plan already you stay with it, but if you buy the storm or anything else for that matter they are going to up it some.
    base rate for one line is $89 for BB/internet/450 min, and 99 for same but includes unlmtd text
    $30 is already the standard price for BIS. So, you're saying that they are raising the basic calling plan by $10/month just for the storm? Doesn't sound right.
    VZW website shows BB plans starting at $79.99 with 450 minutes.
    11-10-08 04:58 PM
    Thank you for my new Sig!
    Just preaching the good word, brutha!
    11-10-08 05:08 PM
    Just preaching the good word, brutha!
    Priorities, it's all about priorities. Like, for me, if it weren't for class, I'd never get sleep.
    11-10-08 05:10 PM
    Value added fulfillmant? I'm not sure what that means but I do not think so for new phones. I know we used to do repair and refurb and in that instance we would reprogram/refurb/repair phones that were returned to VZ Wireless. We would then issue them directly to customers (mail) or the Verizon stores to give to people that brought in broken phones. I also know that when I've upgraded or purchased phones they've shipped directly from our facility. (I know this due to the address on the package). I also never received a new phone that looked like it was opened before. Wouldn't it look like the box was opened if they had to program the phone? If I had to guess I would guess the phones are programmed. Just waiting to be activated.
    11-10-08 05:15 PM
    $30 is already the standard price for BIS. So, you're saying that they are raising the basic calling plan by $10/month just for the storm? Doesn't sound right.
    VZW website shows BB plans starting at $79.99 with 450 minutes.
    sorry, it still says $79 for voice, I thought it was only $10 for messaging, that was why I said $89, they are charging you $20 for unlimited texting! ouch! Is that really necessary?
    My point really was that the guy said starting tomorrow they will be requiring the data plan thing for ALL PDA's. I don't know how it was tiered previously. They did the same thing when the Voyager came out, you had no choice but to get a Data plan included with your phone. Verizon gets a rep for nickle and dimeing you for a reason. They have a great service and great coverage, but they are expensive, and with every new phone they seem to add a new charge.
    11-10-08 05:15 PM
    atleast that is what I was told today. it was in the box and so was the 8GB mcard

11-10-08 05:20 PM
    The 14th... I trust my personal rep... I spoke with him yesterday (11/09/2008). He said that they were going to have them the 14th. He is calling me when they get them in the store.
    11-10-08 05:25 PM
    atleast that is what I was told today. it was in the box and so was the 8GB mcard

Who told you ?

And yeah, you always pay for what you get, verizon is more expensive than AT&T but where I live (East TN) their service pretty much violates anyone elses, especially if you drive up in the mountains.

I'm already paying $210 a month for my phone bill (4 lines, unlimited data/text on one line, 1400 anytime minutes) So these data plan adjustments don't really apply to me, but I can see them hurting the smaller consumer. I plan on using the storm as a heavy business tool, not just eyecandy (though I'm sure it'll suffice in that department as well)
    11-10-08 05:27 PM
    The 14th... I trust my personal rep... I spoke with him yesterday (11/09/2008). He said that they were going to have them the 14th. He is calling me when they get them in the store.
    I was at a Verizon store today in Orange CA. There is a waiting list that you can put your name to, but she said that it won't guarantee me a phone. All it does it allow me to be notified, that day. When I asked her about a release date, she told me beginning next week, and this was with her manager standing right there. But who the he** knows anymore? Put your name on the list, which means nothing, could come out next week, or maybe not, yadda, yadda, yadda. This is worse than X-mas when I was a kid!
    11-10-08 05:34 PM
    @ YourEntreeSolution..

Your probably right. You get your hopes up for what Santa brings and then --- BAM.. disappointment smacks you in the face and you still try to smile and say thank you...

We live in such a cruel world... lol
    11-10-08 05:44 PM
    No pics then the storm doesn't exist!
    11-10-08 05:51 PM
    @ YourEntreeSolution..

Your probably right. You get your hopes up for what Santa brings and then --- BAM.. disappointment smacks you in the face and you still try to smile and say thank you...

We live in such a cruel world... lol
    God, I hope not, I'm still waiting for my Talk Boy from 1995.
    11-10-08 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD