I am getting an Error backing up database on the Address Book Options, have done battery pulls, and everything and it will not complete a backup. I am running .85 and am trying to upgrade but do not want to do so without a backup, can anyone help?

I have tried the Memory Cleaning thing too...
    01-14-09 09:32 AM
    Do you have another copy of your address book somewhere? For instance do you sync with Outlook?

It sounds like the actual database is corrupt. What I would do is use DM to "clear" the address book database which will delete it. Then you can reboot and a new one will be created, then you can sync back from Outlook.
    01-14-09 09:35 AM
    Do you have another copy of your address book somewhere? For instance do you sync with Outlook?

It sounds like the actual database is corrupt. What I would do is use DM to "clear" the address book database which will delete it. Then you can reboot and a new one will be created, then you can sync back from Outlook.
    No I do not use outlook, but I did do the clear thing and I am now rebooting again. I will let you know.....
    01-14-09 09:41 AM
    Didn't work.....any other ideas?

Anyone?
    01-14-09 09:52 AM
    I had the same issue. After calling VZW tech support and getting an "I don't Know" and two total wipes I removed Viigo and Viola I could backup again. I don't know what it is, or why it hates my Storm but I can't run Viigo.
    01-14-09 10:33 AM
    I'm just going thru piece by piece in the Advanced Backup mode. Anything that gives me that Error I clear and back it up manually. I';m about halfway done, so we'll see if it works.....
    01-14-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD