Yes i have searched (and did read bout it) but this thread is just me asking for a clarification...

Is it true or possible that a backup file u restore to ur phone contains corrupted files, causing possible memory leaks?

read that if u did a wipe, reinstalled os, and restored just ur messages and stuff and reinstalled ur 3rd party apps manually, then that will possibly fix the memory leakage ppl r having?
    05-29-09 09:39 PM
    Yes i have searched (and did read bout it) but this thread is just me asking for a clarification...

Is it true or possible that a backup file u restore to ur phone contains corrupted files, causing possible memory leaks?

read that if u did a wipe, reinstalled os, and restored just ur messages and stuff and reinstalled ur 3rd party apps manually, then that will possibly fix the memory leakage ppl r having?
    Patches has mentioned that he thinks if you wipe your phone to its original factory settings (NOT wiping/reinstalling OS), then just sync your contacts and calendars back to the phone (not from a restore, but from a sync), then reload your apps... that this might help people with memory leak issues. I don't think this has been validated anywhere, but it seems to have worked for a couple of people.
    05-29-09 09:41 PM
    Patches has mentioned that he thinks if you wipe your phone to its original factory settings (NOT wiping/reinstalling OS), then just sync your contacts and calendars back to the phone (not from a restore, but from a sync), then reload your apps... that this might help people with memory leak issues. I don't think this has been validated anywhere, but it seems to have worked for a couple of people.
    ooo ok, thanks
    05-29-09 09:43 PM
    quick ?:

if u do a factory reset, and when ur emails go away, will u be able to get ur vzw blackberry email account back?
    05-29-09 10:10 PM
    quick ?:

if u do a factory reset, and when ur emails go away, will u be able to get ur vzw blackberry email account back?
    You should be able to log into the BIS site online and resend the service books for your emails from there... this should include the blackberry.net email. Just because it is wiped off the phone doesn't mean that the account is deleted. It should still be connected to your PIN.
    05-29-09 10:13 PM
    You should be able to log into the BIS site online and resend the service books for your emails from there... this should include the blackberry.net email. Just because it is wiped off the phone doesn't mean that the account is deleted. It should still be connected to your PIN.
    ok good thanks (jw, cuz ive lost my bb email in the past before (like literally, had no way of getting it back, even if i go on the bis site) and had to call vzw to reset it for me :\ )
    05-29-09 10:15 PM
    ok good thanks (jw, cuz ive lost my bb email in the past before and had to call vzw to get it back :\ )
    I am assuming this is the way it works. I have never done this before, so I don't have first-hand experience. As long as you have set up a BIS account, it should work as I have described. (*fingers crossed*)
    05-29-09 10:17 PM
    I am assuming this is the way it works. I have never done this before, so I don't have first-hand experience. As long as you have set up a BIS account, it should work as I have described. (*fingers crossed*)
    thanks ill just do it, if my bb email disappears, i can always call vzw
    05-29-09 10:29 PM
    thanks ill just do it, if my bb email disappears, i can always call vzw
    Absolutely!
    05-29-09 10:30 PM
    Absolutely!
    lolol, i just wrote down the way i hv my icons and stuff organized onto a sheet of paper so i can put it back where its suppose to be later haha
    05-29-09 10:39 PM
    lolol, i just wrote down the way i hv my icons and stuff organized onto a sheet of paper so i can put it back where its suppose to be later haha
    I would do the same thing... I would also go into all of my menus and write down what all of my settings are (the ones I changed), so I would remember those, as well. I am so OCD when it comes to that kind of stuff. Ha ha ha!
    05-29-09 10:40 PM
    I would do the same thing... I would also go into all of my menus and write down what all of my settings are (the ones I changed), so I would remember those, as well. I am so OCD when it comes to that kind of stuff. Ha ha ha!
    lol okkie dokie, ill probably do it tmrrw i should be going lol (cb is so addicting hahaha ) ttyl

thanks for helping
    05-29-09 10:44 PM
    In my (limited) experience, wiping with factory reset will erase the messages on your phone, the contacts, calendar items, etc. Resynching with Outlook will restore the contacts and calendar items, but not your messages. Resending your service books will re-establish the accounts on your phone, but will not resend old messages.

So to answer your original question, the messages currently on your phone will be gone, but you will start getting your new messages. Assuming you download your mail with Outlook or leave your messages on a web-based mail server, they will still be there, but they won't be on the phone anymore.
    05-29-09 10:58 PM
    In my (limited) experience, wiping with factory reset will erase the messages on your phone, the contacts, calendar items, etc. Resynching with Outlook will restore the contacts and calendar items, but not your messages. Resending your service books will re-establish the accounts on your phone, but will not resend old messages.

So to answer your original question, the messages currently on your phone will be gone, but you will start getting your new messages. Assuming you download your mail with Outlook or leave your messages on a web-based mail server, they will still be there, but they won't be on the phone anymore.
    ya, i already knew dat, i was just afraid ill lose the bb email (since it happened to me twice) lol
    05-30-09 01:54 PM
    So have you done it yet?
    05-30-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD