I just got a blacberry storm today and i was wondering how to get back up assistant? I'm using verizon wireless.
    09-02-09 05:34 PM
    Doesn't work with Blackberrys, use Device manager or setup Google Sync to do it all.
    09-02-09 05:38 PM
    oh ok, thanks
    09-02-09 05:58 PM
    store can xferr contacts from a dumbphone to a berry for you, then use the sync options provided...
    09-02-09 06:08 PM
    store can xferr contacts from a dumbphone to a berry for you, then use the sync options provided...
    I used Bitpim to export my contacts from my dumbphone to a csv file, imported into Outlook, and then synced via Desktop Manager to the blackberry. It was not as easy as it should have been either, but it did *eventually* work, with a little tweaking.

If you can get to a VZW store, I'd do that. I really wish that Backup Assistant would have let me download my contacts into a format I could have easily imported, but I couldn't find one.
    09-02-09 06:17 PM
    yeah, well what if you don't have the data cable for your phone? why pay for something for a phone you're not gonna use anymore? let VZW do the work for you, then take advantage of the functionality of blackberries...

even after that, you can get married to google sync and all of that

my contacts is so integrated into everything, facebook, etc...everything is redundant...BBM is a contact, synced to google and with the auto backup, etc...

there are so many ways to go about it once it's on your phone, and like you said the bitpim is pretty craptastic if you don't know what you're doing with it
    09-02-09 06:21 PM
    my wife went to the local verizon store yesterday to get the contacts transferred, and they wanted to charge $15 per phone. They said they were independent from verizon, thats why they charge. the other nearest verizon is about 25 miles. I just did what the first ridensno said and used google sync. worked really good.
    09-03-09 10:29 PM
    Doesn't work with Blackberrys, use Device manager or setup Google Sync to do it all.

!!! It would be nice if Verizon would tell you SOMEWHERE on their web site that BU Assistant doesn't work with BB's ... I've just spent about an hour trying to find/download/set it up only to find out *here* it doesn't work for my BB Storm ... grrrrrrrr!!!
    02-02-10 04:43 AM
    !!! It would be nice if Verizon would tell you SOMEWHERE on their web site that BU Assistant doesn't work with BB's ... I've just spent about an hour trying to find/download/set it up only to find out *here* it doesn't work for my BB Storm ... grrrrrrrr!!!
    What sucks it that my BB even came with directions for using Backup Assistant!

Yeah, it doesn't work with any of the smartphones I don't believe, just the BREW dumbphones. I know the android phones can't use it either.

It was a bit of a pain in the *** to get my contacts imported, but the way my BB works with google sync is SO much better now that I've got it set up.
    02-02-10 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD