Hey everyone,

I just received a replacement Storm yesterday due to screen clicking problems. I upgraded to .75 and everything seems to be working great except one thing I'm noticing so far. When I lock my phone, the backlight turns off as it should; however, it keeps turning back on approximately every 30 seconds or so. I know that this is draining my battery life. Do any of you know what could be causing this, or perhaps any possible fixes?

Thanks in advance.
    12-14-08 07:16 PM
    I had a similiar issue. i was using the phone, didnt lock it and just put it down, left the room, cmae back in 5 minutes latter and the screen was still on. (no alerts or messages or calls during this time) and so i watched it and the full backlight stayed on till i locked it.

that could have majorly drained my battery. you would think they would fix these kind of major bugs before worrying about speeding up the accelerameter!
    12-14-08 07:33 PM
    IM having the same problem is it a bug???
    12-14-08 08:04 PM
    Same Problem here. Could this be an application that is causing this? It really drains the battery.
    12-20-08 09:41 PM
    do you have .83 i wonder if that makes any difference
    12-20-08 09:42 PM
    I updated to .83 and IIRC, with previous versions the phone would wake up when the screen was clicked while locked. This doesn't happen with .83 and as a result, battery life
    is also much improved

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD