i am having backlight issues. my phone backlight will sometimes no go off for a long time. i have it set for 30 secs and i can turn it upside down so its facing the ground (aka dark) and it still wont go out, then sometimes it works just fine. also when it does go out sometime it will wake back up for no reason when im not touching the phone or anything. i have done a few battery pulls and nothing is working. i am on .75 and i just started getting this problem yesterday
    12-04-08 07:04 PM
    any ideas

10 characters
    12-04-08 07:34 PM
    I too had issues with the back light this afternoon. It is the first time I noticed it, it would go off, then a few seconds later it would light back up just sitting there. I also noticed today that my battery did not last the entire day, I am assuming this is why. I cleared the log, and pulled the battery and have not had an issue since, it has only been a few hours though. I am also on .75.
    12-04-08 09:18 PM
    similar issue in the begining...i went to options, screen/keyboard, and turned off "auto dim light"and "led coverage indicator"...hope that helps
    12-05-08 06:25 AM
    anybody come up with an answer to this...just tonight my backlight wont turn off. I did nothing different just charged it and took it off and now it wont go off?? any help?
    12-24-08 03:14 AM
    I have been getting this on .83, but not everyone does. I never had an issue on .75. I would try updating the phone to .83 to see if it fixes it.
    12-24-08 03:16 AM
    i did upgrade to .83 (which sucks lol) and have had it for about a week but this is the first time this has happened
    12-24-08 03:20 AM
    hm, yeah. Sounds like just a minor bug. A battery pull works. I usually notice it when the phone has been on for a day or more. Hopefully the next release fixes it.
    12-24-08 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD