My back light is very like not bright and its on 100% any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 08:53 PM
    Battery pull should work. That's happened to me and a battery pull fixed it.
    06-16-09 09:00 PM
    Kk will do now and report back

06-16-09 09:02 PM
    Still a little dull

06-16-09 09:10 PM
    want mine? mine's bright as **** at 100...i have it on 70...and when im in bed at night and it auto dims to really really really dark...ugh amazing.
    06-16-09 09:30 PM
    Check following settings:

Options > screen/keyboard > automatically dim backlight > off.

Clock > menu > if listed, exit bedside mode (displays if mode active).
    06-16-09 10:41 PM
    My back light is very like not bright and its on 100% any suggestions?

OK I think I found the fix for this problem. Apparently backlight settings are "hanging up" after the 5.0 upgrade on some Storms. My storm backlight stayed at 50% even though my setting were at 100% and the Auto Dim button was OFF. So if your backlight settings are set to do what you want but your Storm is doing something else, try this, it worked for me:

I fixed my Storm Backlight problem by doing a system WIPE. Here is what you do:
    1. Do a full Blackberry back up. 2. Go to Options + Security Options + Security Wipe. 3. Check ONLY the top 2 boxes (Emails & User Apps.) 4. Scroll down and enter the word "blackberry" in box. 5. push "Wipe." 6. Reinstall everything using Desktop Mgr.

I hope this helps. My phone works perfect aft I did this.

11-09-09 11:17 PM

OK I think I found the fix for this problem. Apparently backlight settings are "hanging up" after the 5.0 upgrade on some Storms. My storm backlight stayed at 50% even though my setting were at 100% and the Auto Dim button was OFF. So if your backlight settings are set to do what you want but your Storm is doing something else, try this, it worked for me:

I fixed my Storm Backlight problem by doing a system WIPE. Here is what you do:
    1. Do a full Blackberry back up. 2. Go to Options + Security Options + Security Wipe. 3. Check ONLY the top 2 boxes (Emails & User Apps.) 4. Scroll down and enter the word "blackberry" in box. 5. push "Wipe." 6. Reinstall everything using Desktop Mgr.

I hope this helps. My phone works perfect aft I did this.

Can anybody confirm that this worked for them before I go thru the trouble? Thanks.
    11-10-09 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD