Well I tried back up my storm today. It does every single backup fine, except for this particular on-board device memory. When it gets to this part, it just hangs.

Well I guess it might not be hanging, but its taking FOREVER. Does anyone know why this occurs or how to fix it?

I have cleared my internet stuff, did a memory clean, deleted all my call logs, texts emails etc, did a battery pull, all to no avail.

I have some files on my sd-card. I didn't delete those, but could this be whats causing it? I guess I can try removing that next. I did a forum search and I came up with another who had the same issue, but noone had a resolution.
    07-10-09 01:43 PM
    All right, I think I figured it out. When I first hook up my storm, and go to the backup function a box pops up saying that the storm needs to use mass storage mode which will stop any MTP connections and it asks if you want to switch to mass storage mode.

If you select yes, well at least if i select yes, it will hang on the last part.

If you say no, to NOT switch it, it will backup and complete.

I've tried with and without my sd card, and that didn't matter. But by not switching, it worked ok with or without sd card inserted.

I also noticed that even if you cancel it when it hangs - before it hangs it makes the ipd file, so it probably doesn't matter anyways, but it does feel better not to have to cancel it.

It really seems backwards for it to want to be IN mass storage mode to backup databases and such....I mean I thought putting it in mass storage mode was like turning it into a usb memory stick type of thing.

Hopefully this helps some other newbs like myself experiencing the same issues as I.
    07-10-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD