Hey all. I'm getting a replacement phone today from my local verizon store (Hardcore screen wobble, light leaking a lot) and I'm backing up all of my files to DM and downgrading from .85 to .75.

My problem is that as I'm backing up my files it stops a little before halfway through and has a message saying "Error Backing Up Database(s)". Can anyone validate what this means?
    01-05-09 02:28 PM
    What was it backing up at the time during the error? i.e. contacts, calendar, etc
    01-05-09 02:30 PM
    It froze on "Mapping Locations", which is weird because I havent used any mapping applications at all except for google maps, which I downloaded the
    2nd day of use while on .75.
    01-05-09 02:32 PM
    Maybe downgrading to .75, followed by trying a back-up will help? Any suggestions?
    01-05-09 02:35 PM
    You need to clear out your browser cache, start up the Browser then press the BB button, then select Options, then Cache Operations, then clear out all the options. THEN do a backup.
    01-05-09 02:41 PM
    clear the cache on the phone..worse case select everything, but that folder to backup
    01-05-09 02:42 PM
    The other way to clear things out is in DM, backup/restore, go to advanced. You can then click on any item and click "clear". This will wipe that database entry on your device
    01-05-09 02:42 PM
    You need to clear out your browser cache, start up the Browser then press the BB button, then select Options, then Cache Operations, then clear out all the options.
    ^ +1 ....then run the memory cleaning app. then you are ready to run a backup.
    01-05-09 02:46 PM
    Yeah I get that error on browser and it worked like a charm when I cleared cache.
    Last edited by korp; 01-05-09 at 02:53 PM.
    01-05-09 02:47 PM
    You need to clear out your browser cache, start up the Browser then press the BB button, then select Options, then Cache Operations, then clear out all the options. THEN do a backup.
    That did it. Thanks a lot!
    01-05-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD