I've just dropped my Storm from a height of around 4-5ft onto a hard surface. Battery cover popped off. Battery stayed intact phone didn't switch off. Not a scratch and still running beautifully. Another reason why i LOVE my Storm.
    08-25-09 05:57 PM
    I had the same thing happen about twice...it is rather sturdy! I love my storm also!
    08-25-09 06:07 PM
    next time turn the video camera on before you drop it. That would be cool.
    08-25-09 06:12 PM
    I dropped my storm from about 4 feet and it still worked perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 06:15 PM
    storm fell out of my coat pocket going 120kmh on my bike, found everything except for the battery door, popped the battery back in and it started, been working fine ever since, got a few scars....

08-25-09 06:43 PM
    Wow nice lets go storm man it look like a dog chew it for a snack lol
    08-25-09 08:54 PM
    You can get a battery door here at CB store, or on eBay pretty cheap!
    08-25-09 09:02 PM
    Thats true try to get a cheap and good luck with that.
    08-25-09 09:09 PM
    cool.............
    08-26-09 03:13 AM
    storm fell out of my coat pocket going 120kmh

The worst I've done was get a spark from welding onto the touchscreen. It left a permanent pit in the screen.
    08-26-09 04:21 AM
    so those of you that dropped it didnt have a case on it or anything?...no screen damage?...Thats awesome...i have a storm and have yet to drop it...knock on wood, but the send key is mysteriously missing...hmm....
    08-26-09 07:48 AM
    yes, Storm Is Awesome Device..
    But, I think.., I need to Learn More about Suretype and Touch screen lol.."
    my Storm still in Box right now
    08-26-09 07:57 AM
    so those of you that dropped it didnt have a case on it or anything?...no screen damage?...Thats awesome...i have a storm and have yet to drop it...knock on wood, but the send key is mysteriously missing...hmm....
    Nope, no case at all. The phone actually dropped flat on its face. I was sure the screen would be cracked but it isn't. Realized after I posted that the end button doesn't work. Everything else works fine. So my only problem is that I can't end a call. Fine when the other end hangs up. But if I get no answer or message bank, then I can't end it unless I remove the battery. It must have taken some of the hit. I'll take it to repair shop and see what they can do. If not it's a new BB for me. Pity.... What should I get next? Still love my Storm, though.
    08-26-09 08:14 AM
    Nope, no case at all. The phone actually dropped flat on its face. I was sure the screen would be cracked but it isn't. Realized after I posted that the end button doesn't work. Everything else works fine. So my only problem is that I can't end a call. Fine when the other end hangs up. But if I get no answer or message bank, then I can't end it unless I remove the battery. It must have taken some of the hit. I'll take it to repair shop and see what they can do. If not it's a new BB for me. Pity.... What should I get next? Still love my Storm, though.

storm2!!!!!!!11
    08-26-09 08:18 AM
    I'd love the Storm 2 but who knows when it'll arrive in Oz. What do I use till then if my Storm isn't repairable?
    08-26-09 08:49 AM
    I just cringed at those photos.
    08-26-09 11:34 AM
    my storm eats cement for breakfast!!!!!!!
    08-26-09 02:10 PM
    A few weeks ago some guy was talking about how he threw his Storm at the wall twice and it survived nicely. I wouldn't recommend it.
    08-26-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD